Windows 10: Spurious address suggestions in Windows Mail

Discus and support Spurious address suggestions in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail that must be easily solvable, but I can’t find the way! Whilst composing an email, when I type a name into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ColinMuddiman, May 13, 2019.

1. Spurious address suggestions in Windows Mail

I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail that must be easily solvable, but I can’t find the way!

Whilst composing an email, when I type a name into the ‘To’ box, Mail suggests some names.

The trouble is that it includes some obsolete addresses that I’ve used before, but not saved anywhere to the best of my knowledge, and which are not in my People App. Where is it getting them from and how can I stop it??

:)

ColinMuddiman, May 13, 2019
  2. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, May 13, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Spurious address suggestions in Windows Mail :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, May 13, 2019
  4. Spurious address suggestions in Windows Mail

Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Spurious address suggestions in Windows Mail

1. Spurious address suggestions in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Spurious address suggestions

2. Spurious additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spurious additional keyboard: Hello,I have Windows 11 and I have the following language & region settings:Windows Display Language:English USPreferred languages:* German Germany* English USCountry or region:SwitzerlandRegional format:German GermanyI get the following keyboards:German Germany with German...
  3. Spurious additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spurious additional keyboard: Hello,I have Windows 11 and I have the following language & region settings:Windows Display Language:English USPreferred languages:* German Germany* English USCountry or region:SwitzerlandRegional format:German GermanyI get the following keyboards:German Germany with German...
  4. is there a way to remove the suggested addresses i dos 10 mail app.

is there a way to remove the suggested addresses i dos 10 mail app.: When creating a new email the to: line allows you to find who you want to send from your contacts list, but also shows a myriad of addresses that are not in your contacts list nd are a total annoyance. Is there a way to eliminate those suggested addresses from appearing?Help...
  5. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses: Hi I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete an incorrect e-mail address, not only do I have incorrect e-mail addresses, but I also have an e-mail address from a deceased...
  6. Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions: I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure...
  7. IE11 address bar suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 address bar suggestions: I prefer IE11 over edge but one thing I noticed is when I start typing an address or search term in the address bar I only get a list of some historical sites. There is no drop down showing any suggestions (which I see on my other Windows 7 machine). If I type a word and...
  8. Mail keeps adding spurious PNG attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Mail keeps adding spurious PNG attachments: When I reply to an email, Mail keeps adding spurious PNG files to my messages. They definitely aren't there when I hit "send" or when they're in my outbox, but they are attached to the mail before the recipient gets it. Sometimes I see them in my "Sent" file, but not always;...
  9. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions: I have recently deleted my Firefox history, including cookies, cache and everything else. I went back to the beginning of all-time just to make sure there was nothing left. But I'm still faced with a dilemma, whenever I type a single letter, say R for example, it...
  10. Spurious Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Spurious Update: On both computers, Windows 10 keeps trying to install an update for a Brother printer; this has been going on for a few days. The updater shows that the update is ready, so when I tell Windows to install it, it starts and immediately quits. If I then check for updates, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spurious hotmail contacts windows 10