Windows 10: Spybot overrides Windows Defender

Discus and support Spybot overrides Windows Defender in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I've used Spybot Search and Destroy free version for years with no problems, but with the new version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerBlair1, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Spybot overrides Windows Defender

I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I've used Spybot Search and Destroy free version for years with no problems, but with the new version 2.9, I'm finding that when it's installed, it overrides Windows Defender. The only way I can find to re-enable WD is to uninstall Spybot. There used to be a way to run Spybot with WD as the main version, but I can't figure out how to do that with the new version. Has anyone else run into this? If you have, how did you resolve it?

:)

RogerBlair1, Aug 5, 2022

2. Windows Defender and Spybot/Malawarebytes

I just updated to 10, and cannot turn on Defender. Is it possible that my ant-malware programs are preventing this? Does Defender perform the same functions as Spybot, etc? Thanks.

MichaelPKramer, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Windows Defender is out

I was working on a computer infested with adware, spyware, and whateverthehellware a while ago. The beta version of Windows Defender found a few things that AVG, Adaware, and Spybot missed.

Polaris573, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Lillebror Win User

Spybot overrides Windows Defender

Protecting the computer (windows defender,avast, etc)?

Yeah, Windows defender is running all the time, while spybot isnt

Lillebror, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Spybot overrides Windows Defender

1. Spybot overrides Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Spybot overrides Defender

2. Spybot overrides Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spybot overrides Windows Defender: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I've used Spybot Search and Destroy free version for years with no problems, but with the new version 2.9, I'm finding that when it's installed, it overrides Windows Defender. The only way I can find to re-enable WD is to...
  3. Spybot overrides Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spybot overrides Windows Defender: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I've used Spybot Search and Destroy free version for years with no problems, but with the new version 2.9, I'm finding that when it's installed, it overrides Windows Defender. The only way I can find to re-enable WD is to...
  4. Window Override

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window Override: I know I can override a currupted Windows with a new system but my question is, will it affect my touch screen window function? Or do I need a seperate add on to the system to make that work?...
  5. SpyBot

SpyBot: Hello, On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry). How much reliable is it ? Normally I run once a day "CCleaner" Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 140521
  6. SpyBot

in Windows 10 Support
    SpyBot: Hello, On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry). How much reliable is it ? Normally I run once a day "CCleaner" Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 140521
  7. Defender Exploit Override - Off or... Off?

Defender Exploit Override - Off or... Off?: I've been banging the heck out of teh google without success... What's the difference? 106447
  8. Spybot

Spybot: Spybot will shortly be bringing out Spybot 2.5 for win 10, but 2.4 works fine anyway. If, like me, you have some passwords saved, spybot will remove them BUT, there is a solution: - Open Spybot by right clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing "Run as administrator". -...
  9. Spybot

Spybot: I just ran Spybot, but I had not done it for a couple of weeks. It found loads of spyware all labelled within Firefox folders. These must have crept in on a recent update. Very naughty Firefox. I cleaned them out and spybot reminded me I had not run immunization. So I did,...
  10. SpyBot anti-beacon for W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SpyBot anti-beacon for W10: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 is a small utility designed to block and stop the various tracking (aka telemetry) issues that come with Windows 10. Seeing the bunch of incomplete or broken scripts to disable tracking in Windows 10, and the tools that install adware or...