Windows 10: SpyBot

Discus and support SpyBot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry). How much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

SpyBot

Hello,
    On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry).
    How much reliable is it ?
    Normally I run once a day "CCleaner"
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Sep 14, 2019
  2. STC
    STC Win User

Is there a tool like Spybot's TeaTimer to monitor registry and such?

I'm still using Spybot 1.6.2 - only for TeaTimer, but its a resource hog. I do like it for monitoring the registry and such. Is there a free lightweight tool I can use to replace TeaTimer? Thx!!

I currently use for security:
    • Avast free
    • Malwarebytes Antispyware
    • Spybot (for TeaTimer)
    • Spywareblaster

3. Spybot keeps trying to reinstall itself. Help!

Malacath,

Are you was using Spybot – Search & Destroy 2. (released 09 Nov-12) OR Spybot 1.6.x. ?

If Spybot 1.6.x.

Was Spybot Resident Təa Timer enabled ??

To be cləar, after the installation, never Spybot 1.6 + Təa Timer
    was installed. OK ?

(Having uninstalled Spybot 1.6. without first fully disabling Spybot Təa Timer could be the cause of this behavior.)

`~`

Since this Forum deals with Virus and Malware issues, suggest you repost

this to :

Spybot – Search & Destroy Forums

Safer-Networking Forums

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

SpyBot

Spybot

@MoxieMomma 1st of all I don't use Spybot(although I once tried it), an interesting comment from the mod quietman7:

Cliff S, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

SpyBot

1. SpyBot - Similar Threads - SpyBot

2. Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT: I’ve been having an issue where programs like steam or nvidia GeForce experience connecting to the internet for updates causes the network activity page in resource monitor to display the ip as “007guard” after some looking apparently this is caused by my previous...
  3. Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT: I’ve been having an issue where programs like steam or nvidia GeForce experience connecting to the internet for updates causes the network activity page in resource monitor to display the ip as “007guard” after some looking apparently this is caused by my previous...
  4. Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?

Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?: I discovered that spybot adds entries of malicious or virus ridden websites to the hosts file in system32\drivers\etc. are these websites being blocked? Should I delete them? And why does opening things like steam or nvidia GeForce cause them to show up in resource monitor’s...
  6. Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?: I discovered that spybot adds entries of malicious or virus ridden websites to the hosts file in system32\drivers\etc. are these websites being blocked? Should I delete them? And why does opening things like steam or nvidia GeForce cause them to show up in resource monitor’s...
  7. Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?

8. How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...: How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just turn defender on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-after-removing/de071ad4-d623-40f8-a998-c1490ec1507f
  9. How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...

How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...: How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just turn defender on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-after-removing/de071ad4-d623-40f8-a998-c1490ec1507f
  10. Spybot overrides Windows Defender

Spybot overrides Windows Defender: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I've used Spybot Search and Destroy free version for years with no problems, but with the new version 2.9, I'm finding that when it's installed, it overrides Windows Defender. The only way I can find to re-enable WD is to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spybot latest Nov 2019