Windows 10: spyware

Discus and support spyware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While on my laptop I received a message stating that my computer was infected with "**** spy ware" and to call 1-888-561-9111 to get it removed. I was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jerryanderson3, Oct 31, 2018.

1. spyware

While on my laptop I received a message stating that my computer was infected with "**** spy ware" and to call 1-888-561-9111 to get it removed. I was also asked for my Windows register key. The message stated that if I chose to close the screen, they would disable my computer and report me to the authorities. As the phone number given was not for Microsoft Support, I chose to close the screen. When I did so, I received a message stating that "files are still unloading and I would lose these files if I chose to close the message." I closed it anyway. How do I ensure that they were not successful in downloading any spyware, etc. onto my laptop? BTW, I am over 70 and not especially computer literate. Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

:)

jerryanderson3, Oct 31, 2018
  2. OOTay Win User

Anti virus, Trojan's and Spyware.

Hmmm, I use AVG Email Server Antivirus, Zonealarm Pro, and many many spyware programs... The best one being BPS Anti-Spyware. Ad-aware SE is just garbage now, but if you want spyware protection with out nothing running i suggest using Spyware Blaster. Heres a list of great programs that i use and i think are some are the best. Pest Patrol, Spyware Doctor, Spybot, Bazooka, Spyware Blaster, and BPS Anti-Spyware. Those are really great anti-spyware programs. Oh and the new Zonealarm Pro I dont like at all becuase it alerts you about everything even if you turn alerts off so i use version 6.0.667.000 which is one of the best newer ones.

OOTay, Oct 31, 2018
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 31, 2018
  4. spyware

Message that Virus and Spyware definitions can't be updated

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you try the suggestions provided earlier in this thread?
    • If yes, what were the results of each command?
    If you have not tried the suggestions provided earlier in this
    thread, please try and let us know the status, we'll be happy to assist you further.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

spyware

1. spyware - Similar Threads - spyware

2. A window popped up saying a threat was detected: trojan spyware And that the access was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A window popped up saying a threat was detected: trojan spyware And that the access was...: A window popped up saying a threat was detected: trojan spyware And that the access was blocked for security reasons and told to call a toll free number. +18667891446...
  3. A window popped up saying a threat was detected: trojan spyware And that the access was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A window popped up saying a threat was detected: trojan spyware And that the access was...: A window popped up saying a threat was detected: trojan spyware And that the access was blocked for security reasons and told to call a toll free number. +18667891446...
  4. A window popped up saying a threat was detected: trojan spyware And that the access was...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?: Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard, etc. , clipping tool, search.Microsoft Search IndexerThis can be disabled, in...
  6. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?: Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard, etc. , clipping tool, search.Microsoft Search IndexerThis can be disabled, in...
  7. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. spyware and malware remouval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spyware and malware remouval: spyware and malware remouval https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spyware-and-malware-remouval/57713715-8e63-4afc-b898-597af748cb06
  9. spyware and malware remouval

spyware and malware remouval: spyware and malware remouval https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spyware-and-malware-remouval/57713715-8e63-4afc-b898-597af748cb06
  10. Get rid of Trojan spyware

Get rid of Trojan spyware: Computer blocked by Trojan spyware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-trojan-spyware/690c0dd8-7377-448e-9a99-bad4bf3bcd54