Windows 10: spywareblaster

Discus and support spywareblaster in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used to use this app and was told it is not to be trusted. I do not know why but I removed it some time ago. lease let me know ow the forum feels... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maranna, Sep 6, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

spywareblaster

I used to use this app and was told it is not to be trusted. I do not know why but I removed it some time ago. lease let me know ow the forum feels about it.
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Sep 6, 2015

2. Defender and other spyware

Having installed 10 build 130 I was having issues of stability, and it appeared that Defender was not on. I discovered that Defender in 10 does not like other spyware. I deleted Spybot and the system became more stable. I still have spywareblaster in the
    system, should I delete that too? I should add that I have now managed to get Defender switched on too.

sallylillian, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Drew1903 Win User
    my edge browser is being hijacked by some kind of pop up. How do I disalbe it?

Simon,

Had to deal w/ something similar for a client recently. I did fix it.

1. Reset IE

2. Clear Edge

3. Do an Extended Disc Clean-up

4. Run CCleaner

5. Scan w/ WD

6. Run Malwarebytes

7. Install SpywareBlaster. Select Manual Updating & update it, @ least, wkly.

Cheers,

Drew

spywareblaster [​IMG]

Drew1903, Sep 6, 2015
  4. MickD Win User

spywareblaster

I still use it and I like to think it helps. It's updated and passively blocks/prevents known types of attacks. It gives me comfort as an added layer or pre-layer of protection. Its so lightweight I don't seem any harm.

MickD, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    It has been updated to a new release 5.2 I think. I still use it but not as a stand alone.

Gary, Sep 6, 2015
  6. loki Win User
    Spywareblaster BrightFort

Is still a good program to have. It sets the killbit for ActiveX programs that are known to be exploited from running. It also adds nasty websites your system host file so they are blocked.

loki, Sep 6, 2015
  7. Spyblaster used to be a great tool to fight malware, but it has been replaced by better alternatives. It still uses HOSTS, which is not good for browsing. Browser extensions can do the same better, like blocking tracking cookies, malware, spying domains. It would be better, if they would let it retire with a good record.

TairikuOkami, Sep 6, 2015
  8. maranna Win User

spywareblaster

Tairiku
    Currently I use Defender, MBAM, MBAM Exploit, and am behind my own router.
    My OS is win 10 and my browsers are Chrome and Edge.
    I began this thread b/c I have been getting some popups and have the feature enabled. I tried Adware(a name similar to this) but it is too aggressive. I had to perform a restore point and rebuild some apps and updates.
    Could you please explain I lay terms what I should do to replace it? Do you mean to let the browsers extensions do the work?
    Thank you
    Peter

maranna, Sep 6, 2015
  9. That is a nice combo. You could maybe add HitmanPro - it uses multiple AV engines and it can scan PC at startup, it scans very fast. Free version only detects, but that is, what is important. If you prefer standlone on-demand scanning, then Emsisoft Emergency Kit. It does not install, malware can not block it that easily.

You could use an alternative DNS, which blocks malware domains and can speed up browsing.
    It works outside the computer, so it does not slow down like HOSTS and it is updated.

6 DNS services protect against malware and other unwanted content

Then use DNSBench to pick the fastest DNS for your location.

Browser extensions (it can be done via browser's settings, but it is easier with extensions), like:

Vanilla Cookie Manager - allow only cookies you need with 1 click, set to remove the rest every 5 min.
    Adguard AdBlocker - blocks tracking/malware domains using HOSTS IPs, but internally. Works for Edge.
    (Do not want to discuss ADs, it has other features. Do not forget to add tenforums to the exclusion list *Redface).

TairikuOkami, Sep 6, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    The hosts file can be used to block many things. I would never use SpywareBlaster as my only protection but it is very goo at what it does.

11. maranna Win User
    I read everything over and did download adguard blocker for edge. I did not see how to install it for Chrome but I think Chrome is secure anyway.
    Hitman pro found no issues. A lot was a bit too hard for me to understand.
    I think my protection is as adequate as I want it.
    Thank you all

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

spywareblaster

1. spywareblaster - Similar Threads - spywareblaster

2. Why is SpywareBlaster 6 suddenly "INCOMPATIBLE" on my Win 10 Pro x64 Bit H.P. Notebook 15"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is SpywareBlaster 6 suddenly "INCOMPATIBLE" on my Win 10 Pro x64 Bit H.P. Notebook 15"...: To Whom it May Concern; I am the administrator on my Win 10 Pro x64 Bit Operating system that I purchased directly from Microsoft, which was not modified by H.P. Windows Specifications; Edition: Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit Version: 21H1 Installed on: ‎5/‎14/‎2020 OS build:...
  3. Why is SpywareBlaster 6 suddenly "INCOMPATIBLE" on my Win 10 Pro x64 Bit H.P. Notebook 15"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is SpywareBlaster 6 suddenly "INCOMPATIBLE" on my Win 10 Pro x64 Bit H.P. Notebook 15"...: To Whom it May Concern; I am the administrator on my Win 10 Pro x64 Bit Operating system that I purchased directly from Microsoft, which was not modified by H.P. Windows Specifications; Edition: Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit Version: 21H1 Installed on: ‎5/‎14/‎2020 OS build:...
  4. Why is SpywareBlaster 6 suddenly "INCOMPATIBLE" on my Win 10 Pro x64 Bit H.P. Notebook 15"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New Release of SpywareBlaster 5.6

New Release of SpywareBlaster 5.6: BrightFort [img] This app has been around for decades. 145874
  6. SpywareBlaster update

SpywareBlaster update: SpywareBlaster update available 35267
  7. Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome

Need to get SpyWareBlaster to recognize portable Chrome: There's information out there on how to do this on earlier operating systems, but not for Windows 10. 36477
  8. New SpywareBlaster

New SpywareBlaster: New version of SpywareBlaster is out. SpywareBlaster Update Available 8427