Windows 10: SQL client configuration utility virus

Discus and support SQL client configuration utility virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; System: Window10 (1903) 64bit After login to the computer, cmd.exe pop up and never disappear. Shortly the SQL client configuration utility.exe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 8289sy, Nov 18, 2019.

1. 8289sy Win User

SQL client configuration utility virus

System:
    Window10 (1903)
    64bit

After login to the computer, cmd.exe pop up and never disappear. Shortly the SQL client configuration utility.exe pop up and request me to run it(as administrator). Everything seems right so far, I checked the location of sql by using task manager,it's the real SQL, not something recently downloaded,edited or renamed, I press yes, and I regret like a flash.

The SQL instantly download a file (zip) named "test" to [user\AppData\Local\Temp] and release it into [user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto]. What it downloaded wasn't a virus, but it's worse than a virus, it's a freaking auto bitcoin miner. From now on if I'm not using the computer for 20 to 30 minutes it'll automatically run in the background and use all my cpu to mine bitcoin.

Window defender and MRT.exe do nothing against it, McAfee do nothing either, third party antivirus software such as Malwarebytes can only locate the "test.zip" and released "miner " but cannot identify the actual problem(SQL).

I uploaded the "miner" to Microsoft but receiving reply saying it's not a virus. Even I can stop the miner to takeover my computer by deleting it everytime(thanks to Malwarebytes), it's still quite annoying to see SQL pop up everytime I start the computer.

Should I reinstall win10, delete SQL client configuration utility.exe or is there a better way to stop it from downloading a miner to my computer?

:)

8289sy, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Released: Microsoft Kerberos Configuration Manager for SQL Server v3.1

Source: Released: Microsoft Kerberos Configuration Manager for SQL Server v3.1 | SQL Server Release Services

Brink, Nov 18, 2019
  3. JimCrisp Win User
    SQL Server 2008r2

I have several 32 bit windows 7 pc's that i need to configure an ODBC connections to a 64 bit SQL server 2008r2. I have tried to configure clients 10, 11, and 13, none will connect. I welcome any suggestions?

JimCrisp, Nov 18, 2019
  4. SQL client configuration utility virus

Jsssssssss, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

SQL client configuration utility virus

1. SQL client configuration utility virus - Similar Threads - SQL client configuration

2. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VPN Client - Configuration options: Hello everyone,I'm currently deploying the Azure VPN Client in a enterprise environment to several users. However, I noticed that there are not many settings that can be configured during the installation. Below an overview of settings I would like to have configured during...
  3. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure VPN Client - Configuration options: Hello everyone,I'm currently deploying the Azure VPN Client in a enterprise environment to several users. However, I noticed that there are not many settings that can be configured during the installation. Below an overview of settings I would like to have configured during...
  4. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695: We have a serious issue with connections to a SQL server 2019 instance. On all clients that have installed the update: KB5020695 or the equivalent for the other operating systems, the applications fail during sql read/ write giving unrecoverable errors. All clients without...
  6. .NET Framework installation utility, AddInUtil.exe Viruses?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .NET Framework installation utility, AddInUtil.exe Viruses?: .NET Framework installation utility is using 100% GPU when idel, AddInUtil.exe is using 100% CPU when idel tooI have done tons of virus checks and can't find anything that helps. Anybody got an Idea? This issue has been persistent for several days now...
  7. MSCONFIG - Microsoft System Configuration - Utility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSCONFIG - Microsoft System Configuration - Utility: Microsoft System Configuration - Utility System Configuration Utility Window Microsoft System Configuration System Utility thorough usageIs there anyone who knows about literature in regards to MSCONFIG that has the fundamentals about the thorough usage of MSCONFIG. Mostly...
  8. Configuration Manager Client Failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuration Manager Client Failed to install: I have problem installing SCCM on this machine. The error code is:File C:\Windows\ccmsetup{15714557-4FAA-4A6B-A33A-8F64D3FF658A}\client.msi installation failed. Error text: ExitCode: 1603Action: InstallInitialize.ErrorMessages:Internal Error 2203....
  9. Anti-virus freezes email clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti-virus freezes email clients: I recently posted a question about my email clients not making connections. (Windows Live Mail and others). Email connection question Solved - Windows 10 Forums After a long chat with a Microsoft agent the problem was solved and I happily marked the post Solved. So today...
  10. Released: Microsoft Kerberos Configuration Manager for SQL Server v3.1

in Windows 10 News
    Released: Microsoft Kerberos Configuration Manager for SQL Server v3.1: We are pleased to announce the latest generally-available (GA) of Microsoft Kerberos Configuration Manager for SQL Server. Get it here: Download Microsoft Kerberos Configuration Manager for SQL Server Kerberos authentication provides a highly secure method to...