Windows 10: SQL connections

Discus and support SQL connections in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a website that is connecting to the sql database using an AD account, which is also the apppool identity. I know I can use a connectionstring... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MAP1790, Apr 5, 2019.

1. MAP1790 Win User

SQL connections

I have a website that is connecting to the sql database using an AD account, which is also the apppool identity. I know I can use a connectionstring to connect to the sql database. Are there alternatives to connecting to a database using an AD account?

:)

MAP1790, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server + C#: What’s new

Source: SQL Server + C#: Whats new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 5, 2019
  4. nadep Win User

SQL connections

SQL Server will not connect after upgrading to Windows 10

Original title: SQL 2012

I have upgraded to windows 10 from 7 and now my SQL Server will not connect, any suggestions?

nadep, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

SQL connections

1. SQL connections - Similar Threads - SQL connections

2. After october update oledb connection to SQL Server 2022 fails. did something change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After october update oledb connection to SQL Server 2022 fails. did something change?: //// Fetch the row// hResult = m_SelectCommand.MoveFirst; if FAILEDhResult { m_LastError = FormatResulthResult; return false; }Fails at line ATLASSUMEm_pAccessor != NULL;in atldbcli.h...
  3. After october update oledb connection to SQL Server 2022 fails. did something change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After october update oledb connection to SQL Server 2022 fails. did something change?: //// Fetch the row// hResult = m_SelectCommand.MoveFirst; if FAILEDhResult { m_LastError = FormatResulthResult; return false; }Fails at line ATLASSUMEm_pAccessor != NULL;in atldbcli.h...
  4. .NET app not connecting to Sql Server 2008 R2 & Sql Express after Windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET app not connecting to Sql Server 2008 R2 & Sql Express after Windows 11 upgrade.: Does anyone know if there is a fix to this ? After installing Windows 11, my .NET app does not connect to SQl Server 2008 R2 or Sql Express anymore. I get the error below....
  5. .NET app not connecting to Sql Server 2008 R2 & Sql Express after Windows 11 upgrade.

.NET app not connecting to Sql Server 2008 R2 & Sql Express after Windows 11 upgrade.: Does anyone know if there is a fix to this ? After installing Windows 11, my .NET app does not connect to SQl Server 2008 R2 or Sql Express anymore. I get the error below....
  6. Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network: I was trying to allow SQL server traffic through the firewall of a Windows 10 computer. I ran the following in PS:New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "SQLServer default instance" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 1433 -Protocol TCP -Action AllowThe results showed in the detailed...
  7. Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network

Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network: I was trying to allow SQL server traffic through the firewall of a Windows 10 computer. I ran the following in PS:New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "SQLServer default instance" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 1433 -Protocol TCP -Action AllowThe results showed in the detailed...
  8. Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services: Trying to connect to an external database using python in an SQL stored procedure but seems like sqlalchemy is unable to connect to the external database. But we i run the script outside SQL serverSSMS it works perfectly.I have granted app containers and the launchpad account...
  9. Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services

Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services: Trying to connect to an external database using python in an SQL stored procedure but seems like sqlalchemy is unable to connect to the external database. But we i run the script outside SQL serverSSMS it works perfectly.I have granted app containers and the launchpad account...
  10. Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database: I’m using Windows 11 and I have an SQL LocalDB database that is accessed by a desktop application and Power BI desktop. It used to work normally but recently I started having connection issues, as described below. The localdb server has a named instance accessed using...