Windows 10: SQL How to empty all tables in a database

Discus and support SQL How to empty all tables in a database in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You might need to purge all the data in all the tables in a particular database. For this we can use the following script. USE <database name> DECLARE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Noel New Member

SQL How to empty all tables in a database

You might need to purge all the data in all the tables in a particular database. For this we can use the following script.

USE <database name>
    DECLARE @TableName AS VARCHAR(MAX)
    DECLARE table_cursor CURSOR
    FOR
    SELECT TABLE_NAME
    FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES
    WHERE TABLE_TYPE = 'BASE TABLE'
    AND TABLE_NAME LIKE '%_Partition%'
    OPEN table_cursor
    FETCH NEXT FROM table_cursor INTO @TableName
    WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
    BEGIN
    DECLARE @SQLText AS NVARCHAR(4000)
    SET @SQLText = 'TRUNCATE TABLE ' + @TableName
    EXEC sp_executeSQL @SQLText
    FETCH NEXT FROM table_cursor INTO @TableName
    END
    CLOSE table_cursor
    DEALLOCATE table_cursor

(0)

read more...

Noel, Mar 1, 2023
  2. DHervonen Win User

SQL Express 2016 - Adventureworks Database

What is the best Adventureworks Database to install on SQL Server Express 2016? I see there are several different 2016 AW databases. I am a beginner - just installed SQL Express on my computer. I need
    to use Adventureworks to learn to build tables and write T-SQL queries

DHervonen, Mar 1, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Always Encrypted now generally available in Azure SQL Database

Source: Always Encrypted now generally available in Azure SQL Database | Blog | Microsoft Azure

Brink, Mar 1, 2023
  4. bear4096 Win User

Visual Basic, Can't open SQL ADODB database

I have Windows10 and Visual Studio 2015 free version. I am having an SQL problem. I have created an SQL database

with tables with server 2016 but am unable to get VB to open an ADODB database using any connection string.

The server name is MSSQLLocalDB and the database is connected . The same database is working with visual basic 2008 and sql server 2005 Express. I'm thinking that I need the Express version of any other server instead of the LocalDB version.

I mostly get this message: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

bear4096, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

1. SQL How to empty all tables in a database - Similar Threads - SQL empty tables

2. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2014 SQL database will not update: SQL 2014 database will not update to nw version even though other databases have. Will not backup to anywhere other the original database folder. Need to be able to backup database to other location so can uninstall program and then download and reinstall new copyof program....
  3. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2014 SQL database will not update: SQL 2014 database will not update to nw version even though other databases have. Will not backup to anywhere other the original database folder. Need to be able to backup database to other location so can uninstall program and then download and reinstall new copyof program....
  4. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. EF6 continually Access__MigrationHistory table leading to SQL errors

EF6 continually Access__MigrationHistory table leading to SQL errors: Customers have reported slowness in the our application and have seen a large number of errors reported in SQL. The hosted environment’s performance logging tool NewRelic has reported an increase in failure rate which the customer suspect is the cause for application...
  6. EF6 continually Access__MigrationHistory table leading to SQL errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EF6 continually Access__MigrationHistory table leading to SQL errors: Customers have reported slowness in the our application and have seen a large number of errors reported in SQL. The hosted environment’s performance logging tool NewRelic has reported an increase in failure rate which the customer suspect is the cause for application...
  7. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  8. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  9. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Looking for someone that understands SQL databases

Looking for someone that understands SQL databases: I an having to use a propriety SQL database, this owner of the program insist that he can not add a module for print set up of the multiple forms that need to be printed at times. The results of this are when printing landscape on 8.5 x 11 paper I always get two pages of each...