Windows 10: SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’...

Discus and support SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to use SQL server import/export tool and data source excel and get this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’ provider is not registered on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by britblock, Aug 29, 2019.

1. britblock Win User

SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’...

Trying to use SQL server import/export tool and data source excel and get this error:
    The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine. (System.Data)
    I have tried multiple tings from researching what others are doing but to no avail. I need this functionality to work.

Currently, I’m relying on one person who is not getting this error (he has 32 bit office and I have 64 bit) but he is going on vacation and I need to be able to do the tasks using import/export wizard.
    I have SSMS 18, (it was working the same in sql 17.9, was thinking upgrading may help), Windows 10, 64 bit office 2018.
    I have installed Access Database Engine x64.exe (multiple times).

I try to change the excel version in the wizard and I get the same message but it references”…OLEDB.12.0″, “…OLEDB.15.0” and this is for Excel 2016

At a loss and hoping for assistance.

The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine. (System.Data)

Not sure if this below helps, its in the log for the error

Program Location:

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsWizard.DTSWizard.GetOpenedConnection(WizardInputs wizardInputs, String connEntryName)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsWizard.Step1.OnLeavePage(LeavePageEventArgs e)

:)

britblock, Aug 29, 2019
  2. ddelo Win User

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’... :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Aug 29, 2019
  3. OLEDB visual fox pro driver crashes when creating a data link

HI Andre,

Understood. Our company is working with old legacy software. I am not looking to do any development. My goal is to import the data from our legacy system into our Datawarehouse.

Currently there is a downloadable oledb visual fox pro driver on Microsoft's website, Vfpv9.2 which I listed above - VFPOLEDBSetup.msi

The driver package seems to install correctly. And shows up as a provider in the data link properties window:

C:\Windows\syswow64\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll",OpenDSLFile C:\Temp\x.udl

But when I click next to configure the link, it crashes with the rundll32 error. This is something that should work, but it is not. Again, I am just looking to get the oledb provider to work so that I can get my data to SQL server.

Daniel Carrera, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Time Lady Win User

SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’...

Time Lady, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’... - Similar Threads - SQL Import export

2. Export/Import Edge folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export/Import Edge folder: I'm getting ready to move a project from one computer to another one. Is it possible to export 1 folder under _MyFavorites on one computer and import it on another computer? If so how?...
  3. Should I use the Certificate Export Wizard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I use the Certificate Export Wizard?: Windows 10 has just notified me to do a backup of some certificate(s) using the Wizard. What is it for and why/should I do it? submitted by /u/Krezny [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iw9nl1/should_i_use_the_certificate_export_wizard/
  4. Problem with ACE OLEDB 12.0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with ACE OLEDB 12.0: I was running Win 10, Office 365, Visual Studio and Access Database Engine 2007 x64. It worked fine. I have a couple of programs I wrote that use Access databases .accdb and Excel files .xslx. I had no problem. I had to re-install Windows 10 this weekend. It has all the...
  5. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  6. How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited: How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-to-text-import-wizard-trying-to-change/c184eb5e-3837-4ce2-81fd-17063f4cd2af
  7. How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited: How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-to-get-to-text-import-wizard-trying-to-change/c184eb5e-3837-4ce2-81fd-17063f4cd2af
  8. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  9. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge: How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dtswizard access accdb

2. dtswizard Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0

3. the microsoft.ace.oledb.16.0 provider is not regisred on the local machine export excel