Windows 10: SQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs

Discus and support SQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to install SQL Server 2012 Express on Windows 10 as an Administrator. Rules fail. I can set all the requested policies except for DEBUG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Nichols, Apr 9, 2020.

1. SQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs

Trying to install SQL Server 2012 Express on Windows 10 as an Administrator. Rules fail. I can set all the requested policies except for DEBUG PROGRAMS. se pics

Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,

DaveSQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs [​IMG] SQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs dbf98de1-02c1-4c27-b8b2-c5a988078c2e?upload=true.png

:)

David Nichols, Apr 9, 2020

2. DPM 2016 Installation With Remote SQL Server

Hi Guys

I'm trying to install DPM 2016 with a SQL 2014 Running on different Machine. I've created Firewall rules for necessary ports and Executables. But I'm stuck with one rule. Can someone help me how to Check the following rule? Thanks in advance

Set up firewall rules so that the DPM server can communicate with the SQL Server computer:

• Make sure TCP/IP is enabled with default failure audit and enable password policy checking.

AlphaGhost.141, Apr 9, 2020
  3. beanSG Win User
    Local Security Policy Missing??????????????????????????

Hi, I wanted to install the SQL Server 2014 software on my laptop but the installation failed due to an account privilege error. I search online for the solution and they mention accessing the Local Security Policy to change the setting or whatever. So when
    I tried to search for the local security policy I couldn't find it on my laptop, the account I am using is an admin account. I tried to search secpol.msc and even click Run to open it but windows couldn't find it. I kind of need the SQL Server 2014 software
    for my project.

beanSG, Apr 9, 2020
  4. begro89 Win User

SQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

SQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs

1. SQL Install rules failed. Cannot set local policy for Debug Programs - Similar Threads - SQL Install rules

2. Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network: I was trying to allow SQL server traffic through the firewall of a Windows 10 computer. I ran the following in PS:New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "SQLServer default instance" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 1433 -Protocol TCP -Action AllowThe results showed in the detailed...
  3. Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall - rules presedence - problems connecting to SQL server on local network: I was trying to allow SQL server traffic through the firewall of a Windows 10 computer. I ran the following in PS:New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "SQLServer default instance" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 1433 -Protocol TCP -Action AllowThe results showed in the detailed...
  4. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  5. Apply local firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apply local firewall rules: Hi We have a group policy and what it does is it allows local firewall rules for public and private profile.How do I do this via Intune?I attached an image.RegardsShaun...
  6. cannot install SQL Server2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot install SQL Server2019: Hi,I tried installing SQL Server 2019 on my system but I am facing this issue in the image. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling again, deleting reg keys, used revo uninstaller as well but still get this error. Any ideas on what I can do?Thanks in advance....
  7. Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy: When trying to run Set-Date in my powershell script it fails because it claims to require more permissions. I have added the groups Users and even Everyone to the Adjust system time Local Security Policy. There are no group policies at all so that shouldn't be a problem. Of...
  8. SQL Server 2014 Fail to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server 2014 Fail to install: Hello all, Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give. I am installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 on a Lenovo ThinkPad P73 Windows 10 Pro for workstations - 1909 When I attempt to install it fails with this error:...
  9. Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules applied by Group Policy show as "Extra Registry Setting: Hey Guys (Group Policy set via Windows Server 2019 (1809 templates installed, Clients are Windows 10 1809) For any Firewall rules I set via Group Policy, on the client they show as "Extra Registry Settings" in RSOP Can anyone please confirm if this is correct/ how it should...
  10. Need advice on a setting in Local Secuirty Policy and....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need advice on a setting in Local Secuirty Policy and....: In the Local Security Policy on Windows 10 Pro Anniversary version 1607 there are 2 settings that I was wondering if I could adjust so there no way someone could access my computer remotely. It's under Security Settings then Local Policies, and then Security Options. The...