Windows 10: Sql server 2016 express installation error

Discus and support Sql server 2016 express installation error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have tried all the solutions on the internet of clearing the registry and removing all previous sql installs and even running it on admin privillages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Burn19, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Burn19 Win User

Sql server 2016 express installation error

i have tried all the solutions on the internet of clearing the registry and removing all previous sql installs and even running it on admin privillages but it keeps showing this error.

TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure.
    ------------------------------

SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.SqlServer_ConfigExtension.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1

Error code 0x84B10001.

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=20476&ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&EvtType=0xDBD51895%25400x96D07230

BUTTONS:

OK

Sql server  2016 express installation error e375d23b-b402-49cf-a3c0-c072fb89569a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Burn19, Sep 10, 2020

2. SQL Server express 2016 not installing on windows 10 pro

I downloaded SQL Server express 2016 which seems to be supported on windows 10 pro. The install claims my OS isn't supported.

What is the latest version of sql server I can install? Is there something I need to do to trick 2016 into installing on windows 10 pro?

Jimbo88888, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Installation of HPC Pack 2016 Update 2 fails at SQL Express

Hello,

I'm running six VMs with Windows Server 2016 Datacenter on different servers. To combine their compute power for simulations with Ansys, I want to connect them using HPC Pack 2016 Update 2 v6277.

The following error occures on every single instance, no matter which of those 6 VM's I choose.

During the installation of HPC there is a step when SQL Server 2016 Express is getting installed. Until there everything is running fine. But the installation of SQL always is aborted with the message:

"Component Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express cannot be installed with error code 1009. Die Datenbank der Konfigurationsregistrierung ist beschädigt."

The second sentence translates to "The database of the configuration registry is corrupted".

Yes, there really is a mix of English and German there, probably because it's a german Windows installation.

Does anybody have a idea how to handle this error? There is no further information given, and I can't find anything on the internet regarding this error message...

Kind regards,

Stefan

Baltic_Racing, Sep 10, 2020
  4. DHervonen Win User

SQL Express 2016 - Adventureworks Database

What is the best Adventureworks Database to install on SQL Server Express 2016? I see there are several different 2016 AW databases. I am a beginner - just installed SQL Express on my computer. I need
    to use Adventureworks to learn to build tables and write T-SQL queries

DHervonen, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Sql server 2016 express installation error - Similar Threads - Sql server 2016

2. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Customization
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  3. SQL Server 2016 Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  4. SQL Server 2016 Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  5. Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition: I'm unable to install SQL Server 2019 Express Edition. Every time it's giving me this errorOops...Unable to install SQL Server setup.exeExit codeDecimal:-2068052310Error description: Error writing to file: microsoft.sqlserver.batchparser.dll. Verify that you have to that...
  6. Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition

Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition: I'm unable to install SQL Server 2019 Express Edition. Every time it's giving me this errorOops...Unable to install SQL Server setup.exeExit codeDecimal:-2068052310Error description: Error writing to file: microsoft.sqlserver.batchparser.dll. Verify that you have to that...
  7. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails: Hi I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator. It just fails with: Unable to install SQL Server setup.exe. Exit code Decimal: -2068052310Error description: An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server...
  8. SQL server 2017 Express Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL server 2017 Express Edition: Hi I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled the error but couldn't find any solutions that worked for me. The installer says "Unable to install SQL server (setup.exe)....
  9. Error No 2350 while installing Sql server express edition

Error No 2350 while installing Sql server express edition: hello there I am learning to make windows form applications in visual studio .thats why to work with databases I wanted to install SQL server express edition. I downloaded the file properly without any problems.but the problem is when I try to install it, it shows me this...
  10. Download Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express RTM Build 13.0.1601.5

in Windows 10 News
    Download Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express RTM Build 13.0.1601.5: Download Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express RTM Build 13.0.1601.5 Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016 Express [img] Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=52679 Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016 Feature Pack [img] Source:...