Windows 10: SQL server 2017 Express Edition

Discus and support SQL server 2017 Express Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatsWer, Oct 2, 2018.

1. MatsWer Win User

SQL server 2017 Express Edition

Hi

I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled the error but couldn't find any solutions that worked for me. The installer says "Unable to install SQL server (setup.exe). Exit code (Decimal): -2068119551 Error description: The specified service does not exist as an installed service". Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

:)

MatsWer, Oct 2, 2018

2. SQL Server 2017 Express

Download + install SQL server 2017 express (17.5), however, unable to login after initial installation. I also noticed the login name is incorrect. However, login name field is Dim and does not allow me to make any changes. How do I get around this challenge.
    Currently Windows 10 & latest update.

Thanks in advance!

BK

BarryKnight, Oct 2, 2018
  3. TK Yee Win User
    SQL Server 2014 Express edition

I install Sql Server 2014 express edition successfully on a notebook running windows10 2 days ago and manage to log into the server using SQL server 2014 Management Studio with windows authentication. But today, I'm unable to log on using the same login settings citing
    some instances or network problem.

Appreciate it if anyone can enlighten me on how to solve this issue.

Thank you in anticipation.

TK Yee, Oct 2, 2018
  4. SQL server 2017 Express Edition

SQL Server 2017 Express

There is a specialized forum for SQL server @ MSDN. I would suggest that you should post simultaneously to MSDN forum also as this will increase chances of getting the fast answer to this query. So, your question will be on two forums - This and MSDN.
    Experts on both forums will assist you giving you wider reach.

MSDN Forum for SQL Server -
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlser...

E for Excel, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

SQL server 2017 Express Edition

1. SQL server 2017 Express Edition - Similar Threads - SQL server 2017

2. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  3. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install: Hi,I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition.The installation .exe file downloads fine from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=101064When I run the installation file, it shows this error:I follow the link, which downloads the...
  4. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install: Hi,I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition.The installation .exe file downloads fine from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=101064When I run the installation file, it shows this error:I follow the link, which downloads the...
  5. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition: I'm unable to install SQL Server 2019 Express Edition. Every time it's giving me this errorOops...Unable to install SQL Server setup.exeExit codeDecimal:-2068052310Error description: Error writing to file: microsoft.sqlserver.batchparser.dll. Verify that you have to that...
  7. Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition

Error during installation of SQL Server 2019 Express Edition: I'm unable to install SQL Server 2019 Express Edition. Every time it's giving me this errorOops...Unable to install SQL Server setup.exeExit codeDecimal:-2068052310Error description: Error writing to file: microsoft.sqlserver.batchparser.dll. Verify that you have to that...
  8. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails: Hi I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator. It just fails with: Unable to install SQL Server setup.exe. Exit code Decimal: -2068052310Error description: An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server...
  9. Windows 10 Home Single Language/SQL Server Express Edition 2017

Windows 10 Home Single Language/SQL Server Express Edition 2017: Hi, My operating system is Windows 10 Home Single LanguageTurkish.I want to download SQL Server Express Edition 2017 to use my computer as a database but my computer doesn't support SQL SERVER.What kind of a path should be followed to solve this problem?...
  10. Error No 2350 while installing Sql server express edition

Error No 2350 while installing Sql server express edition: hello there I am learning to make windows form applications in visual studio .thats why to work with databases I wanted to install SQL server express edition. I downloaded the file properly without any problems.but the problem is when I try to install it, it shows me this...