Windows 10: SQL Server 2019 won't start after Windows 10 update version 2004

Discus and support SQL Server 2019 won't start after Windows 10 update version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after updating to windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.630, i was no longer able to start sql server 2019. by going back to the previous version of Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mbd01, Dec 8, 2020.

1. mbd01 Win User

SQL Server 2019 won't start after Windows 10 update version 2004

after updating to windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.630, i was no longer able to start sql server 2019. by going back to the previous version of Win 10 vers 1909, build 18363.1139 through recovery, i was able to resume working with sql server. so my question has now become how do i go forward? It seems like I can pause win 10 updates for up to 35 days, but then what happens when the system updates itself again?

:)

mbd01, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

SQL Server 2019 won't start after Windows 10 update version 2004

1. SQL Server 2019 won't start after Windows 10 update version 2004 - Similar Threads - SQL Server 2019

2. Is evaluation version of SQL Server 2019 same as Standard Edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is evaluation version of SQL Server 2019 same as Standard Edition?: We need to prepare environment to test some app. It should be similar to our clients environment and he uses SQL Server Standard 2019. Can evaluation edition of sql server 2019 be used on our environment, cause we don't want to pay for additional sql server standard instance....
  3. Is evaluation version of SQL Server 2019 same as Standard Edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is evaluation version of SQL Server 2019 same as Standard Edition?: We need to prepare environment to test some app. It should be similar to our clients environment and he uses SQL Server Standard 2019. Can evaluation edition of sql server 2019 be used on our environment, cause we don't want to pay for additional sql server standard instance....
  4. Is evaluation version of SQL Server 2019 same as Standard Edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Installing SQL Server 2019: Hello, I'm having trouble with installing SQL Server 2019 Express edition. The problems started after I got an SSD. I've copied my hard drive where I previously had SQL Server locally. I am using the latter for developing web apps with ASP.NET Core. However I wasn't able to...
  6. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

Problem Installing SQL Server 2019: Hello, I'm having trouble with installing SQL Server 2019 Express edition. The problems started after I got an SSD. I've copied my hard drive where I previously had SQL Server locally. I am using the latter for developing web apps with ASP.NET Core. However I wasn't able to...
  7. SQL Server 2019 installation errors

in Windows 10 Support
    SQL Server 2019 installation errors: I am learning SQL server. So I downloaded developer edition. During the installation there were some errors. So I uninstalled I had used Revo Uninstaller trial version. First the installation had errors then uninstall had some errors like this it kept happening(I did 2-3...
  8. SQL server 2019

SQL server 2019: Hi, I reinstalled my computer few days ago and wanted to install microsoft sql server 2019 today, but when i was downloading files via the installer i got error saying ,,Failed to execute activity MediaDownloadActivity. The decryption operation failed.,...
  9. sql server service could not start after auto update windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    sql server service could not start after auto update windows 10: Hi sir I have an issue in my local PC after auto update windows 10, Ms SQL Server 2014 could not be started. and I have checked server, service could not be started. Error Message is windows could not start sql server(sqlexpress) service on lodal computererror 1053 the...
  10. Update SQL server version!

in Windows 10 Support
    Update SQL server version!: I have 2 computers, a laptop and a desktop, the laptop has SQL 2012 and the Desktop has SQL 2014 with the latest update. I have a program which requires that the SQL versions match, but could not get the laptop to accept the SQL 2014 version. It failed with the message to...