Windows 10: SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

Discus and support SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yukon_Cornelius1964, Feb 24, 2022.

1. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout errors. I would just stay on WiFi, but I'm currently using a docking station Dell WD19 and for some reason, this docking station is causing my wifi speeds to drop from ~500 Mbps to less than 5 Mbps. My local IT team knows about this issue, yet is a bit stumped as to what to do. Any insights are appreciated.

:)

Yukon_Cornelius1964, Feb 24, 2022

2. SQL Server 2017 Express Issue with 3 Tier database access.

Hi, I am facing an issue with SQL Server 2017 Express.

My client is on PC1, SQL server is configured on PC2 and the database is on PC3. I could successfully connect to SQL server on PC2 through client on PC1, but if I try to access the database on PC 3 using client on PC1, I get following error...

"Msg 5120, Level 16, State 101, Line 2

Unable to open the physical file "\\MD1Z549C.ad001.siemens.net\Database_DT\Products\ProductDB.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".

Msg 1802, Level 16, State 7, Line 2

CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors."

When i access the database on PC2 there is no Issue. or if i use other SQL server from PC1 then I could access database database on PC3 as well. (here no intermediate PC2 is used)

So issue is when I have Client, SQL Server and Database on 3 different machines. (it gives above errro message)

The same scenario used to work well with SQL server 2008 R2 Express.

The same issue is reproducible with SQL server 2017 full version and SQL server 2019.

All the three PCs, shared drives and SQL server are configured well, which used to work with SQL server 2008 R2 express.

Is there any limitation or restriction introduced with the latest version of SQL server ? OR anything I need to try out to make the scenario work on three different machine.

Thanks a lot in advance.

AnilTalnikar, Feb 24, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server + C#: What’s new

Source: SQL Server + C#: Whats new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Feb 24, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Feb 24, 2022
Thema:

SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

1. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues - Similar Threads - SQL Server Database

2. Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services: Trying to connect to an external database using python in an SQL stored procedure but seems like sqlalchemy is unable to connect to the external database. But we i run the script outside SQL serverSSMS it works perfectly.I have granted app containers and the launchpad account...
  3. Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services: Trying to connect to an external database using python in an SQL stored procedure but seems like sqlalchemy is unable to connect to the external database. But we i run the script outside SQL serverSSMS it works perfectly.I have granted app containers and the launchpad account...
  4. SQL Server 2016 Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  5. SQL Server 2016 Issue

SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  6. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  7. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  8. Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server: We have an SQL database server version 2012 which is running on server OS 2012 R2. We want to upgrade the Server OS to 2019 and later upgrade SQL to version 2016.Wanted to know whether it was safe to do an inplace upgrade of the server OS 2012R2 to Server OS 2019. Is this...
  9. Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server

Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server: We have an SQL database server version 2012 which is running on server OS 2012 R2. We want to upgrade the Server OS to 2019 and later upgrade SQL to version 2016.Wanted to know whether it was safe to do an inplace upgrade of the server OS 2012R2 to Server OS 2019. Is this...
  10. SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing: Hello.I am experiencing problems with my script at the second to last line: Exec @SQL4. I would very much appreciate help and assistance to get this running. Thank you so much. DECLARE @db1 varchar20Declare @SQL1 VarChar500Declare @SQL2 VarChar1000Declare @SQL3...