Windows 10: SQL Server error question

Discus and support SQL Server error question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My notebook PC gets a SQL Server error: [img] But there is no C:\ProgramData folder. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 66257 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mobile1, Oct 7, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

SQL Server error question

My notebook PC gets a SQL Server error:

SQL Server error question [​IMG]

But there is no C:\ProgramData folder.

How can I fix this?

Thank you for your help.

:)

mobile1, Oct 7, 2016
  2. harsh_01 Win User

mssql 2014

TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------
    Cannot connect to ..

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.
    (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)
    The system cannot find the file specified

harsh_01, Oct 7, 2016
  3. connecting to SQL SERVER

TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to (local).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I'm first time user to SQL Server

While connecting to SQL server I just gave Server name as (local) & trying to click connect but it display this message.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.
    (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)

The system cannot find the file specified

BUTTONS:

OK

Arunseemakurthi, Oct 7, 2016
  4. mobile1 Win User

My notebook PC shows this SQL Server error.

SQL Server error question [​IMG]

But it does not even have SQL Server installed.

How can I prevent this from appearing?

mobile1, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

1. SQL Server error question - Similar Threads - SQL Server error

2. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server 2012 Collation Error: The query:USE vPICList_lite;SELECT *FROM ABS runs correctly in SQL Server 2012The query:[dbo].[spVinDecode] @v = N'3VWRF81H2WM128705'returns:Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure spVinDecode, Line 282Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and...
  3. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  4. SQL server installation error

SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  5. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  7. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  8. Questions about SQL Server Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about SQL Server Updates: Hi, I have some questions about installing updates for SQL Server. I have read from this website. It say SQL Server updates are available through Microsoft Update. Below is the URL....
  9. sql server install error

sql server install error: I get the error message of "Version string portion was too short or too long." I've uninstalled all previous versions of SQL and removed any references to .net framework. Windows10-64bit, I5-3GHZ, 16GB ram How do I get past this install error?...
  10. SQL Server error?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server error?: How can I make this SQL Server error go away? [img] 65169