Windows 10: SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

Discus and support SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator. It just fails with: Unable to install SQL Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HenryLiveAcc, Sep 21, 2020.

1. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

Hi

I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator.

It just fails with:

Unable to install SQL Server setup.exe.

Exit code Decimal: -2068052310Error description: An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'.

Then the location of the Log file which is in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log

So how do I resolve this???

Looking at my Folders and Apps & Features I seem to have various earlier SQL Server files/Apps installed - From 2012 11.x, 2014 12.x and 2016 13.x!

BUT - I think these must have been installed by other Programs/Apps using some SQL Server features as I have not installed SQL Server?!?

Is the error above saying it cannot uninstall or configure SQL Server 2012 Native Client? - If so how do I resolve this?

FYI - I have ODBC Drivers "SQL Server" 10.00.19041.01 SQLSRV32.DLL and "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" 2011.110.7462.06 SQLNCLI11.DLL, since I have been accessing remote SQL Servers via ODBC!

So is it the ODBC Driver causing the issue? - I still need ODBC access to a SQL Server 2014? and to Azure SQL!

Help please as I am stuck and I need to do work with SQL Server Express. Thanks.

:)

HenryLiveAcc, Sep 21, 2020
  2. MatsWer Win User

SQL server 2017 Express Edition

Hi

I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled the error but couldn't find any solutions that worked for me. The installer says "Unable to install SQL
    server (setup.exe). Exit code (Decimal): -2068119551 Error description: The specified service does not exist as an installed service". Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

MatsWer, Sep 21, 2020
  3. SQL Server 2017 Express

Download + install SQL server 2017 express (17.5), however, unable to login after initial installation. I also noticed the login name is incorrect. However, login name field is Dim and does not allow me to make any changes. How do I get around this challenge.
    Currently Windows 10 & latest update.

Thanks in advance!

BK

BarryKnight, Sep 21, 2020
  4. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

SQL Server 2017 Express Issue with 3 Tier database access.

Hi, I am facing an issue with SQL Server 2017 Express.

My client is on PC1, SQL server is configured on PC2 and the database is on PC3. I could successfully connect to SQL server on PC2 through client on PC1, but if I try to access the database on PC 3 using client on PC1, I get following error...

"Msg 5120, Level 16, State 101, Line 2

Unable to open the physical file "\\MD1Z549C.ad001.siemens.net\Database_DT\Products\ProductDB.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".

Msg 1802, Level 16, State 7, Line 2

CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors."

When i access the database on PC2 there is no Issue. or if i use other SQL server from PC1 then I could access database database on PC3 as well. (here no intermediate PC2 is used)

So issue is when I have Client, SQL Server and Database on 3 different machines. (it gives above errro message)

The same scenario used to work well with SQL server 2008 R2 Express.

The same issue is reproducible with SQL server 2017 full version and SQL server 2019.

All the three PCs, shared drives and SQL server are configured well, which used to work with SQL server 2008 R2 express.

Is there any limitation or restriction introduced with the latest version of SQL server ? OR anything I need to try out to make the scenario work on three different machine.

Thanks a lot in advance.

AnilTalnikar, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

1. SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails - Similar Threads - SQL Server Express

2. Error exit code decimal: -2068052293 to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error exit code decimal: -2068052293 to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express: I am currently starting the university career of Computer Systems Engineering and as part of it I need to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express; However, I have encountered problems when wanting to install this program. The error it shows me is: exit code decimal:...
  3. Error exit code decimal: -2068052293 to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error exit code decimal: -2068052293 to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express: I am currently starting the university career of Computer Systems Engineering and as part of it I need to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express; However, I have encountered problems when wanting to install this program. The error it shows me is: exit code decimal:...
  4. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install: Hi,I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition.The installation .exe file downloads fine from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=101064When I run the installation file, it shows this error:I follow the link, which downloads the...
  5. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install: Hi,I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition.The installation .exe file downloads fine from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=101064When I run the installation file, it shows this error:I follow the link, which downloads the...
  6. Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition failing to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. SQL Server 2014 Fail to install

SQL Server 2014 Fail to install: Hello all, Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give. I am installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 on a Lenovo ThinkPad P73 Windows 10 Pro for workstations - 1909 When I attempt to install it fails with this error:...
  8. Windows 10 Home Single Language/SQL Server Express Edition 2017

Windows 10 Home Single Language/SQL Server Express Edition 2017: Hi, My operating system is Windows 10 Home Single LanguageTurkish.I want to download SQL Server Express Edition 2017 to use my computer as a database but my computer doesn't support SQL SERVER.What kind of a path should be followed to solve this problem?...
  9. Sql server 2016 express installation error

Sql server 2016 express installation error: i have tried all the solutions on the internet of clearing the registry and removing all previous sql installs and even running it on admin privillages but it keeps showing this error. TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure. ------------------------------ SQL Server Setup has...
  10. SQL server 2017 Express Edition

SQL server 2017 Express Edition: Hi I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled the error but couldn't find any solutions that worked for me. The installer says "Unable to install SQL server (setup.exe)....