Windows 10: SQL server fails to start error 1920 and 1605

Discus and support SQL server fails to start error 1920 and 1605 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 laptop identical with one exception. One has never been taken out of the box since July till now for testing. The other has all current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by F Brown, Oct 21, 2018.

1. F Brown Win User

SQL server fails to start error 1920 and 1605

I have 2 laptop identical with one exception. One has never been taken out of the box since July till now for testing. The other has all current updates. I am trying to install software and get the error message that qsl server is needed and something to do check your permissions. I have given everybody full access to the sql server but no help. The install still crashes part way through. For comparison I took the 2nd laptop out of the box and did nothing but install the program and it went perfectly. Now why the difference is my question? Both running windows 10 home.

Thanks

F B

:)

F Brown, Oct 21, 2018
  2. mobile1 Win User

SQL Server error?

How can I make this SQL Server error go away?

SQL server fails to start error 1920 and 1605 [​IMG]

mobile1, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Oct 21, 2018
  4. SQL server fails to start error 1920 and 1605

Failed SQL Server ODBC Data Source Test

I'm working on a homework assignment for a beginner database class and I'm very confused. I'm not very good with computers and part of my confusion is that the textbook discusses all the steps based on Windows 7 & older versions of programs, when I have
    Windows 10 & Office 2016. I'm not even sure if I have all the programs installed that I need. I think I have my SQL Server set up correctly, but the ODBC Data Source Test always fails. It says:

Attempting connection

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server]SQL Server Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server]Login timeout expired

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow
    remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.

TESTS FAILED!

How do I fix this? What programs am I supposed to have installed to make a SQL server? I'm trying to link it to an Access Database so I can make a web page. Thank you for any help.

sweetcat113, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

SQL server fails to start error 1920 and 1605

1. SQL server fails to start error 1920 and 1605 - Similar Threads - SQL server fails

2. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  3. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  4. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  6. SQL Server 2014 Fail to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server 2014 Fail to install: Hello all, Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give. I am installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 on a Lenovo ThinkPad P73 Windows 10 Pro for workstations - 1909 When I attempt to install it fails with this error:...
  7. ERROR 1605 and ERROR 1628

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ERROR 1605 and ERROR 1628: Hello. I am using Hardware from Roccat, so I downloaded the Programm "Roccat Swarm". Sometime in May, it didnt open up anymore. So i tried to deinstall and install it again. It didn´t work. I deleted any Roccat file, AppData etc and tried to reinstall it. The Problem...
  8. sql server install error

sql server install error: I get the error message of "Version string portion was too short or too long." I've uninstalled all previous versions of SQL and removed any references to .net framework. Windows10-64bit, I5-3GHZ, 16GB ram How do I get past this install error?...
  9. SQL Server error question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server error question: My notebook PC gets a SQL Server error: [img] But there is no C:\ProgramData folder. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 66257
  10. SQL Server error?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server error?: How can I make this SQL Server error go away? [img] 65169