Windows 10: SQL Server Mgmt Studio won't allow me to edit my existing views.

Discus and support SQL Server Mgmt Studio won't allow me to edit my existing views. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It acts like it saves the changes, but when I logoff and then go back later the changes are gone. I began having this issue about a week ago, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenShadix, Mar 21, 2019.

1. SQL Server Mgmt Studio won't allow me to edit my existing views.

It acts like it saves the changes, but when I logoff and then go back later the changes are gone. I began having this issue about a week ago, and I have looked everywhere trying to figure this out and I have Payroll deadlines to meet. HELP!

:)

KarenShadix, Mar 21, 2019

2. SQL Server Management Studio on SQL Server 2014 Developer Edition

Hello,

I purchased Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Developer Edition from the Microsoft Store (online).

I installed it from the DVD onto Windows 10 Home.

I would like to use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with it.

Is it somewhere on the DVD?

If not, where can I get it?

Thank you,

Robert Lorbeer

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

RobertLorbeer, Mar 21, 2019
  3. SQL Server Management studio

Hi,

I am trying to connect to SQL Management studio and I am getting the error message below.

Cannot connect to \SQL2016.

===================================

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider:
    SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

------------------------------

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Prod...rver&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=87&LinkId=20476

------------------------------

Error Number: 87

Severity: 20

State: 0

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

EmmaOjelabi, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

SQL Server Mgmt Studio won't allow me to edit my existing views.

Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – 16.5.1 Release

Source: Announcing SQL Server Management Studio 16.5.1 Release | SQL Server Release Services

Brink, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

SQL Server Mgmt Studio won't allow me to edit my existing views.

1. SQL Server Mgmt Studio won't allow me to edit my existing views. - Similar Threads - SQL Server Mgmt

2. Can I use SQL Server Management Studio with SQL 2016 Express Edition for managing data used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use SQL Server Management Studio with SQL 2016 Express Edition for managing data used...: We have Biometric devices across multiple of our branches from where we collect attendance data on a cloud server running SQL 2016 Express Edition. Can we use SQL Server Management Studio along with it?We are only collecting information within the organization and using to...
  3. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  4. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  5. Execute greyed out in View for SQL Server Management Studio 2019

Execute greyed out in View for SQL Server Management Studio 2019: I have worked with views for a long time and never came across this. The button for execute is greyed out. If I hover over it a tool tip is displayed "Execute Alt+X" which the shortcut does work. Why is Execute greyed out? Charles...
  6. Dtsx file wont launch with sql mgmt studio 18.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dtsx file wont launch with sql mgmt studio 18.2: With sql mgmt. studio 18.2 version not able to launch dtsx file on windows 10 . We are running below installation command "SSMS-Setup-ENU.exe" /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /ACTION=install /FEATURES=AS,RS,Tools /UpdateEnabled=FALSE...
  7. MS SQL server enterprise edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS SQL server enterprise edition: Hi I want to download MS SQL server enterprise edition (a free trail ) how can I download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-sql-server-enterprise-edition/c24a58a0-4bee-4725-b336-c746e60f0c2b"
  8. SQL server 2017 Express Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL server 2017 Express Edition: Hi I have the following problem: I want to install sql server 2017 express and have tried several times but I keep getting the same error. I googled the error but couldn't find any solutions that worked for me. The installer says "Unable to install SQL server (setup.exe)....
  9. sql server management studio

in Windows 10 Customization
    sql server management studio: Hi! I have been using an electronic health record system for the past 10 years. I am retiring soon but will still need access to the 'ehr' information for 7 years. The people who run the program that I use tell me that the information is in sql. I have a choice how to access...
  10. SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition

SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition: My Secunia is showing that SQL needs an update. From what I have read this edition is no longer supported. I have no idea what program I have installed that is using SQL but am assuming that i have a program that uses it. I have installed SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 x64 ENU. I...