Windows 10: SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing

Discus and support SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.I am experiencing problems with my script at the second to last line: Exec @SQL4. I would very much appreciate help and assistance to get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adam_H_3.14, Aug 19, 2021.

1. SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing

Hello.I am experiencing problems with my script at the second to last line: Exec @SQL4. I would very much appreciate help and assistance to get this running. Thank you so much. DECLARE @db1 varchar20Declare @SQL1 VarChar500Declare @SQL2 VarChar1000Declare @SQL3 VarChar500Declare @SQL4 VarChar500...Declare @SQL3 VarChar500SELECT @SQL3 = 'USE ' + @db1Exec @SQL3GoDeclare @SQL4 VarChar500SELECT @SQL4 = 'DBCC SHRINKDATABASE' + @db1 + ', 5, TRUNCATEONLY'Exec @SQL4GO

:)

Adam_H_3.14, Aug 19, 2021

2. SQL Server 2017 Express Issue with 3 Tier database access.

Hi, I am facing an issue with SQL Server 2017 Express.

My client is on PC1, SQL server is configured on PC2 and the database is on PC3. I could successfully connect to SQL server on PC2 through client on PC1, but if I try to access the database on PC 3 using client on PC1, I get following error...

"Msg 5120, Level 16, State 101, Line 2

Unable to open the physical file "\\MD1Z549C.ad001.siemens.net\Database_DT\Products\ProductDB.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".

Msg 1802, Level 16, State 7, Line 2

CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors."

When i access the database on PC2 there is no Issue. or if i use other SQL server from PC1 then I could access database database on PC3 as well. (here no intermediate PC2 is used)

So issue is when I have Client, SQL Server and Database on 3 different machines. (it gives above errro message)

The same scenario used to work well with SQL server 2008 R2 Express.

The same issue is reproducible with SQL server 2017 full version and SQL server 2019.

All the three PCs, shared drives and SQL server are configured well, which used to work with SQL server 2008 R2 express.

Is there any limitation or restriction introduced with the latest version of SQL server ? OR anything I need to try out to make the scenario work on three different machine.

Thanks a lot in advance.

AnilTalnikar, Aug 19, 2021
  3. SQL server 2016 database audit specification problem

I install Sql server 2016 on standard mode.

now I want to configuration on auditing on SQL server database. I enable audit and server audit specification.

But I can not create database audit specification........

How can i do this ......

it shows that, this audit is not available for that sql server.

A k m rezaul karim sumon, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing

Always Encrypted now generally available in Azure SQL Database

Source: Always Encrypted now generally available in Azure SQL Database | Blog | Microsoft Azure

Brink, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing

1. SQL Server, Shrink Database Maintenance Task Failing - Similar Threads - SQL Server Shrink

2. 2014 SQL database will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2014 SQL database will not update: SQL 2014 database will not update to nw version even though other databases have. Will not backup to anywhere other the original database folder. Need to be able to backup database to other location so can uninstall program and then download and reinstall new copyof program....
  3. periodic maintenance for the SQL server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    periodic maintenance for the SQL server: In order to stop performance degradation over time, we should ensure that we have some form of periodic maintenance for the SQL server.So my question is: does SQL servers performance degrades over time & is there is anything we can do to avoid it?like type of maintenance we...
  4. periodic maintenance for the SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    periodic maintenance for the SQL server: In order to stop performance degradation over time, we should ensure that we have some form of periodic maintenance for the SQL server.So my question is: does SQL servers performance degrades over time & is there is anything we can do to avoid it?like type of maintenance we...
  5. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  6. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I currently use MS SQL Server Management Studio v18.10 for work. Whenever I'm on WiFi, I have no issues connecting to SQL Server databases, but as soon as I plug in my ethernet cable, I can't connect and I get timeout...
  7. SQL Server Database Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server: We have an SQL database server version 2012 which is running on server OS 2012 R2. We want to upgrade the Server OS to 2019 and later upgrade SQL to version 2016.Wanted to know whether it was safe to do an inplace upgrade of the server OS 2012R2 to Server OS 2019. Is this...
  9. Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server

Inplace upgrade of Server OS on a SQL 2012 Database server: We have an SQL database server version 2012 which is running on server OS 2012 R2. We want to upgrade the Server OS to 2019 and later upgrade SQL to version 2016.Wanted to know whether it was safe to do an inplace upgrade of the server OS 2012R2 to Server OS 2019. Is this...
  10. SQL Server 2014 Fail to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server 2014 Fail to install: Hello all, Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give. I am installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 on a Lenovo ThinkPad P73 Windows 10 Pro for workstations - 1909 When I attempt to install it fails with this error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Operating system error 5: 5(Access is denied.). Msg 1802 Level 16 State 7 Line 3 CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.