Windows 10: SQLExpress server does not exist or access denied - Windows could not start SQL server...

Discus and support SQLExpress server does not exist or access denied - Windows could not start SQL server... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi When trying to open my software programme I'm getting the following error message - [ATTACH] I've tried going into services.msc as instructed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomFeely, May 31, 2019.

1. TomFeely Win User

SQLExpress server does not exist or access denied - Windows could not start SQL server...

Hi

When trying to open my software programme I'm getting the following error message -

SQLExpress server does not exist or access denied - Windows could not start SQL server... 726c79f3-b696-442d-bcef-8fb2d99d9162?upload=true.png

I've tried going into services.msc as instructed by the software support team to restart/start the sqlexpress - but at that point I get the following message -

SQLExpress server does not exist or access denied - Windows could not start SQL server... 44d3e98e-09b3-4145-a012-4fc3532acdd9?upload=true.png

When reviewing the application event log - the side by side error reads as follows -

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.ATL,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I've tried repairing Microsoft visual c ++, uninstalling and reinstalling it - as they suggested - but the programme still won't open. They've now left me with the response "it's a windows issue and we can't help".

Everything seemed OK until an update was installed yesterday - I've tried restoring the PC to before the upgrade but still no joy.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

:)

TomFeely, May 31, 2019

2. SQL SERVER 2008 does not exist or access denied in windows 10

So to start off,

We are running a sql server 2008 r2 with visual studio 2008.

The problem arises when we try to open an application called EZnotes.

The host computer has access to all of the patient files via sql, but when we try to open it on another computer we get an error saying that the server does not exist or access denied [DBNETLIB] we can access the patients data through the xml files stored
    on the computer and the application itself is displaying everything in xml with no actual access to the patients what so ever.

I have tried renaming the server, I have tried to change the FILESTREAM option but it just pops up saying that FILESTREAM is already enabled.

HELP

johnathonnewton, May 31, 2019
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10 and now SQL Server 2012 cannot connect to the server

Hi,

I upgraded to windows 10 but now have issues with SQL Server Mangement Studio 2012.

When it opens it has the Server type as database engine then the server name xxxx\SQLEXPRESS and the authenication as windows authentication, where xxxx is the name of my laptop.

I click connect then get the message below,

Cannot connect to xxxx\SQLEXPRESS

Additional information:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible.

I have looked on the net for answers but nothing has helped. I have checked the Sql Service Browser is running. So don't know what to do next??

MarkSawyerYI, May 31, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

SQLExpress server does not exist or access denied - Windows could not start SQL server...

SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. SQLExpress server does not exist or access denied - Windows could not start SQL server... - Similar Threads - SQLExpress server does

2. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  3. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  4. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  5. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  6. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  7. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  8. SQL Server SQLExpress - Program folder > Log :: ~12GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server SQLExpress - Program folder > Log :: ~12GB: Windows 10 x64Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 What is the purpose of this folder? I can't think of anything that I use MS SQL for likely some app i installed years ago...I don't proactively use MS SQL / SQLExpress for any development projects, so I don't think I'd be missing...
  9. Server Denied POP3 Access

Server Denied POP3 Access: I have already added 2 e-mail accounts to my main Gmail account for the purposes of regularly checking for e-mails on my main account. Both the accounts I added were from a different e-mail provider. I had absolutely no problem adding those 2 accounts from a different...
  10. Downloading SQL and accessing server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading SQL and accessing server: Hello, I am attempting to download SQL and SSMS. Now I am trying to connect to the server but receive this error message: "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible....