Windows 10: Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004)

Discus and support Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just updated my machine to Windows 10 2004, but after I updated it, my wifi icon have this square overlay on them (see attached file). I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XerusKun, Jul 20, 2020.

1. XerusKun Win User

Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004)

Hello, I just updated my machine to Windows 10 2004, but after I updated it, my wifi icon have this square overlay on them (see attached file). I run sfc and dism commands but the issue still remain,I also tried to rebuild the icon cache still the issue remains. Can someone help me to fix this problem, this problem doesn't exist when I'm in 1909 build. Thanks in advance.

Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004) [​IMG]

:)

XerusKun, Jul 20, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Icon overlays in Windows 10

Hi,

There are currently 15 slots allotted for icon overlays in the system image list of Windows 10. 4 of these are reserved for the system, and OneDrive uses 5, leaving six slots for use by other icon overlay handlers. If more than 15 icon overlays are registered
    in the system, the extra icon overlays aren't used. This limit of 15 overlay icons applies to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions about your computer.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 20, 2020
  4. ArZi(2) Win User

Icon overlays Windows 10

Thank you. Do you know if there's a link anywhere that includes a list of overlay icons used in Windows?

ArZi(2), Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004) - Similar Threads - Square icon overlay

2. Random icon overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random icon overlays: I'm using just a very simple desktop which I've configured to look like Windows XP, so it is not complicated. I use shortcuts on my desktop and they should be showing an overlay a little northeast arrow indicating the icon is a shortcut. A few times daily, randomly, it...
  3. Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004): Hello, I just updated my machine to Windows 10 2004, but after I updated it, my wifi icon have this square overlay on them (see attached file). I run sfc and dism commands but the issue still remain,I also tried to rebuild the icon cache still the issue remains. Can someone...
  4. square icon on wifi after updating windows to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    square icon on wifi after updating windows to 2004: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BiBeDICE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iarc6p/square_icon_on_wifi_after_updating_windows_to_2004/
  5. Square icons on Wifi Icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Square icons on Wifi Icons: Hello, I'm in build 2004 of Windows 10, I just upgraded my windows but when I tried to connect to wifi, there's a square icon overlaying the wifi icons, I tried to rebuild the icon cache and run sfc and dism commands but still the problem exist. Any help will be appreciated....
  6. Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. […] This article Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Lost WiFi icon after upgrade

Lost WiFi icon after upgrade: How can this Surface product suddenly lose its Wifi icon...tried all sorts of suggestions from Microsoft Customer Support (escalated to Level 2). Each time they call me, they didn't seem to have read up the notes, because they all ask me to try suggestions from the beginning...
  8. Icon Overlays in Windows Explorer

Icon Overlays in Windows Explorer: Can anyone help me remove the icon overlays in Windows Explorer Extra Large Icon view (see image)? I'm a photographer, and find these overlays extremely annoying when searching images. Every search I've done points to syncing and OneDrive, and although I have one drive...
  9. Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon overlay limit in windows 10?: As you may be aware of, windows 7 and windows 8 only allows for 15 icon overlays to be used by such programs as: — Dropbox — Tortoise SVN — Mega I wonder if this limit has been increased in windows 10? Reference: Windows 8 Max Overlay Icons 7177
  10. overlay on notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    overlay on notification icon: Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511 [img] Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in Action Centre pop-out. After a while I noticed it had it disappeared. As I'm writing this, I might have figured what it was....