Windows 10: Square missing icons, how to fix it?

Discus and support Square missing icons, how to fix it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello delete icon cache, delete font cache, SFC, DISM didn't work. Segoe Symbols replaced and it doesn't work either. It's not first time, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crald, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:35 PM.

1. crald Win User

Square missing icons, how to fix it?

Hello
    delete icon cache, delete font cache, SFC, DISM didn't work.
    Segoe Symbols replaced and it doesn't work either.

It's not first time, when Windows 10 show's this idiot square, on another computer I had a similar problem with the logout icon in start :/

Square missing icons, how to fix it? [​IMG]

:)

2. big10 Win User

Icons in the squares of Start menu

Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing.

How to make them appear?

3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

4. doncole Win User

Missing Icon

I have a program called IDE.exe.

It uses the drawing board icon.

It creates a project file with the extension .prj.

The project uses the hammer icon.

IDE.exe is there with the proper icon.

But the .prj file shows white square (no icon).

When I go to Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program. There isn't any .prj extension on the list.

How can I add it?

Don Cole

Thema:

1. Square missing icons, how to fix it? - Similar Threads - Square missing icons

2. How to remove this squares from icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this squares from icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_1312_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/equ6d2/how_to_remove_this_squares_from_icons/
  3. In Start Menu icons of the most application are missing. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Start Menu icons of the most application are missing. How to fix it?: How to return icons of applications? Screenshot: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-start-menu-icons-of-the-most-application-are/cb08981f-5313-4103-8c40-e6292882fea1
  4. How to fix icons in windows quick actions and settings in Windows 10 that change like square?

How to fix icons in windows quick actions and settings in Windows 10 that change like square?: please help, my icon is wrong [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-icons-in-windows-quick-actions-and/d06ad49d-e90b-4a32-b76b-dbba8041c9e8
  5. Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?

Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?: Hi everyone I hope everything is okay with you, My problem is with Personalization of windows 10 After installing windows 10 I recognized that some settings icons of windows applications or also windows menu or notifications turn to white or black square (according to my...
  6. Thin blue square on icons

Thin blue square on icons: I removed the arrow from my desktop icons, but i see there is now a thin blue square around most icons. The blue line seems useless and clutters the icon. Does anyone know how to get rid of those blue lines? And why do they appear on some icons and not on others? 21967
  7. How to fix the crysis 2 square display problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the crysis 2 square display problem.: HI, I am having a problem with running games in full screen with lower resolution. The game just runs in a square box. INFO: Intel HD graphics 2500 Windows 10 64bit Please note that when i was before running win7 i was able to minimize the game and in the task bar...
  8. Square line in desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Square line in desktop icons: Hello! I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an issue affect my PC, but every icon on my desktop has a square-shaped line on the bottom left. In the attached image, you can see Steam games, but it affects other shortcuts as well (I just tested with Word, for example). Is...
  9. Icons in the squares of Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons in the squares of Start menu: [img] Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing. How to make them appear? 19148
  10. Desktop icons with blank square

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with blank square: Installed W10 8 days ago Today after a restart some of my desktop icons have a white square in front of them I made the view on large icons , normaly i use smal then only the white square is showing I tryed an icon-cache-rebuild without success Solved by restoring a...