Windows 10: Square missing icons, how to fix it?

Discus and support Square missing icons, how to fix it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello delete icon cache, delete font cache, SFC, DISM didn't work. Segoe Symbols replaced and it doesn't work either. It's not first time, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crald, Feb 12, 2020.

1. crald Win User

Square missing icons, how to fix it?

Hello
    delete icon cache, delete font cache, SFC, DISM didn't work.
    Segoe Symbols replaced and it doesn't work either.

It's not first time, when Windows 10 show's this idiot square, on another computer I had a similar problem with the logout icon in start :/

Square missing icons, how to fix it? [​IMG]

:)

crald, Feb 12, 2020
  2. big10 Win User

Icons in the squares of Start menu

Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing.

How to make them appear?

big10, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 12, 2020
  4. doncole Win User

Missing Icon

I have a program called IDE.exe.

It uses the drawing board icon.

It creates a project file with the extension .prj.

The project uses the hammer icon.

IDE.exe is there with the proper icon.

But the .prj file shows white square (no icon).

When I go to Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program. There isn't any .prj extension on the list.

How can I add it?

Don Cole

doncole, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Square missing icons, how to fix it? - Similar Threads - Square missing icons

2. My wifi icon assets is missing and showing an empty square

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi icon assets is missing and showing an empty square: suddenly my Wi-Fi icon looks missing and it bothers me I hope to find a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-icon-assets-is-missing-and-showing-an/4a6f1285-1a70-470f-921e-f13303f6dc9f
  3. My wifi icon assets is missing and showing an empty square

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi icon assets is missing and showing an empty square: suddenly my Wi-Fi icon looks missing and it bothers me I hope to find a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-icon-assets-is-missing-and-showing-an/4a6f1285-1a70-470f-921e-f13303f6dc9f
  4. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  5. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  6. My icons are black squares and left side is missing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My icons are black squares and left side is missing!: [ATTACH] So how do I solve this? I tried deleting thumbnail cache but it doesn't help. And the left side of This PC is completely missing. https://preview.redd.it/uaca1tose5s51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=3dac67a9a1ffb3d015a72d2d073b8f546ede5700...
  7. Windows 10 context menu icons missing, turned to square.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 context menu icons missing, turned to square.: [img] Hello folks, a picture says more than a thousand words, so I put a screen capture in here, and circled the offending squares. This was taken on a right click menu from windows explorer. There should be icons, like a > or some other icons instead. Most icons are still...
  8. Square icons on Wifi Icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Square icons on Wifi Icons: Hello, I'm in build 2004 of Windows 10, I just upgraded my windows but when I tried to connect to wifi, there's a square icon overlaying the wifi icons, I tried to rebuild the icon cache and run sfc and dism commands but still the problem exist. Any help will be appreciated....
  9. How to remove this squares from icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this squares from icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_1312_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/equ6d2/how_to_remove_this_squares_from_icons/
  10. Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?: Hi everyone I hope everything is okay with you, My problem is with Personalization of windows 10 After installing windows 10 I recognized that some settings icons of windows applications or also windows menu or notifications turn to white or black square (according to my...