Windows 10: Squares in menu

Discus and support Squares in menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have squares in some menus. How can I fix it? I am using Slovene version of Win 10. thx for help[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aljo_petek, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Squares in menu

I have squares in some menus. How can I fix it? I am using Slovene version of Win 10.

thx for help Squares in menu d900a5ee-fc1e-4439-8cce-6ed0562a6410?upload=true.jpg

:)

aljo_petek, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 9, 2019
  3. big10 Win User
    Icons in the squares of Start menu

Squares in menu [​IMG]

Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing.

How to make them appear?

big10, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Squares in menu

Start menu appearance

The start menu appearance has changed from a color list of the files/apps I use most to a black square with a listing of what I can do. I changed my background picture but that is all I did. Tried to delete the new picture and go back to what I had before
    but the start menu keeps on showing just the black square with white letters, not the list in color and squares where apps were shown before. There were game links in the squares that I can no longer access. Help!

LauraStout, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Squares in menu

1. Squares in menu - Similar Threads - Squares menu

2. I have a new window 11 and the apps on the bottom won't open. It opens a little square and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new window 11 and the apps on the bottom won't open. It opens a little square and...: I have a new HP window 11. The apps on the bottom of the screen won't open. I can't use the screen to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-window-11-and-the-apps-on-the-bottom/1337cd2a-25d6-4c81-b411-e8aec8e2a7f4
  3. I have a new window 11 and the apps on the bottom won't open. It opens a little square and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new window 11 and the apps on the bottom won't open. It opens a little square and...: I have a new HP window 11. The apps on the bottom of the screen won't open. I can't use the screen to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-window-11-and-the-apps-on-the-bottom/1337cd2a-25d6-4c81-b411-e8aec8e2a7f4
  4. Windows 10 start button changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start button changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions...: Hi, My windows 10 start button and for all users changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions on startup see image. Selecting 'Exit' returns the start button to normal with normal functionality. I’ve tried uninstalling recently installed programs and...
  5. Windows 10 context menu icons missing, turned to square.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 context menu icons missing, turned to square.: [img] Hello folks, a picture says more than a thousand words, so I put a screen capture in here, and circled the offending squares. This was taken on a right click menu from windows explorer. There should be icons, like a > or some other icons instead. Most icons are still...
  6. Computer Acts Strange with the White Square in the Start Menu and Other Utilities.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Acts Strange with the White Square in the Start Menu and Other Utilities.: My copy of Windows 10 is. making a weird glitch. There's this... white square which appears in the start menu, task bar, and when I plug headphones is. Depending on where it is, it auto scrolls, or outright refuses to let me press an option. I've restarted my keyboard...
  7. My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?: My video games all worked fine until today. From the menu screen to the actual gameplay, the screen is constantly filled with a lot of small squares/rectangles that flash constantly and models in the game deform and flash too. What's also weird I noticed is that even on the...
  8. Windows 10 and Office 365 menu text turned into squares following Feature update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Office 365 menu text turned into squares following Feature update 1903: Hi, It would seem since the latest feature update to Windows 10 (1903), the OS and any Microsoft software will eventually display menus with squares inplace of the characters. In Notepad the body text has changed to the squares and in Outlook and Excel that I use all the...
  9. Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares

Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares: Greetings, I recently updated my Windows 10 due to some missing fonts (Segoe UI Color Emoji), however, when I restarted my PC, a major part of every icon in the taskbar, emoji panel and action center had been replaced with some squares instead. I tried to reboot it again to...
  10. Icons in the squares of Start menu

Icons in the squares of Start menu: [img] Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing. How to make them appear? 19148