Windows 10: Squares instead of circles

Discus and support Squares instead of circles in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the problem is whenever I open up something that loads, instead of showing the normal circle rotating, its a square/diamond. The same applies for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyTowers1, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Squares instead of circles

So the problem is whenever I open up something that loads, instead of showing the normal circle rotating, its a square/diamond. The same applies for any graph I see in excel or word. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Squares instead of circles 70c10fc5-dfa6-4038-aaee-cd09ab6c854e?upload=true.png Squares instead of circles bbc4c0fa-d6eb-4335-a47a-f4b7cce10279?upload=true.png Squares instead of circles 6e8322ae-f554-474d-a523-af0879f29f60?upload=true.png

:)

TonyTowers1, Feb 9, 2021

2. Gray Square on Desktop - Frozen Cursor

Here's today's update.

Starting with yesterday, uninstalled all of my recent Windows Updates and any other Update from any other application (mostly Adobe) and then I did a clean boot start. Got thru that fairly quickly (remember, I am technically challenged) but I got 'er done
    and when the laptop restarted, the issue was there again. The laptop automatically started to download and install the latest Windows Update and I didn't stop it. I uninstalled a few programs and shortened by startup list of apps, still the square and gray
    circles were there. I then ran a series of malware and virus scans from various apps all resulting with no issues. I also had a 'Fix Me Stick' which I ran and resulted in nothing to fix. So worked through my day, swiping the square and gray circles away from
    my display until I went to bed last night.

This morning, I started up the Dell and began working - but no square and no circles. I worked all day on the laptop using Photoshop, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel and NO SQUARE AND NO CIRCLES ALL DAY!

I do not know what has happened nor what fixed this issue but it suddenly has stopped. I will watch if the 'crop circles and square' returns and if so, I'll update this question again.

Thanks to all who contributed with possible solutions and corrective action steps for me to follow. All contributions and suggestions were and are gratefully accepted and very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Ken

KenKavanagh64, Feb 9, 2021
  3. How do you make 3d builder text emboss squared instead of beveled?

I was able to create text emboss on an object in my scene. But the text is beveled instead of square. I am using the 3d builder that came with windows 10 and I don't seem to have the circle control that I seen in the videos. The help guide says that
    there is emboss text and emboss text contoured, but I do not see that option.

How can I make 3d builder text emboss squared instead of beveled?

Thank you.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Family

Scott Gutman, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Squares instead of circles

Cortana search bar missing white circle instead

Following a recent update windows 10 has no longer a cortana search bar.

Just a white circle instead, also the windows key has been affected.

Restore didn't work, I don't want to uninstall, any suggestions would be most most welcome.

anselm_962, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Squares instead of circles

1. Squares instead of circles - Similar Threads - Squares instead circles

2. Circle shape icons turned into square ones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Circle shape icons turned into square ones: The icons in some programms have turned square instead or circle I have no Driver Roll Back option, same problem with powerpoint icons. Any idea how to fix it?...
  3. Circle shape icons turned into square ones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Circle shape icons turned into square ones: The icons in some programms have turned square instead or circle I have no Driver Roll Back option, same problem with powerpoint icons. Any idea how to fix it?...
  4. Circle shape icons turned into square ones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen: Can;t move it, remove it, clicking on it does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-square-icon-with-circle-and-line-through-the/c247618f-1945-4820-a30d-d099345a3844
  6. small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen: Can;t move it, remove it, clicking on it does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-square-icon-with-circle-and-line-through-the/c247618f-1945-4820-a30d-d099345a3844
  7. small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Black squares instead of normal desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black squares instead of normal desktop icons: All of of sudden SOME of my desktop icons/for files now are black boxes ith a green check. I don't want the green check and the black box is a new issue.* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. Circle shape turn into square or something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Circle shape turn into square or something: So i have issue to my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ARH05, Windows 10, some of circle icon transform into square or some abstract shape, anyone have a solution for this? I already update my driver to last version, Thanks Before...
  10. Does anybody know why there is a square in a circle everytime I want to create a circle?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anybody know why there is a square in a circle everytime I want to create a circle?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anilba [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqgbl9/does_anybody_know_why_there_is_a_square_in_a/