Windows 10: squiggly lines on some email not all and files

Discus and support squiggly lines on some email not all and files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro some old emails and even excel files have squiggly lines in them but if I resize the window to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johnnybor, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Johnnybor Win User

squiggly lines on some email not all and files

After Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro some old emails and even excel files have squiggly lines in them but if I resize the window to full or even make it smaller they go away , what is causing this and is there a easy fix like deleting cache or something in both email and files?

below is a pic of the top of a excel file

squiggly lines on some email not all and files 3f99e327-b686-4c90-aaee-4b96c4f13a9f?upload=true.png

:)

Johnnybor, Dec 26, 2019

2. Red squiggly lines in typing

I too have the red squiggly lines appearing when I'm typing in Facebook posts. This just started happening. I don't want to turn off spell check because I still want to have that feature when I type yet every single word I type has the red-squiggly lines
    underneath it. It makes me wonder if my keyboard is set to a different language? Any other ideas?

I was using Facebook in Google Chrome browser. I tested in Explorer and Edge and it didn't happen. I also tested in a Word document and it didn't happen either.

Another weird thing that just started happening is my mouse pad gets disabled. I had to search how to enable it again. Not sure why that is automatically being disabled.

MelissaNavarrete, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Red squiggly lines in typing

I hate these and know how to turn them off in Word.

However I have just upgraded to Windows 10. Word is set as my editor. However when typing on a website, the red squiggly lines have started appearing automatically, even though I have killed them in Word.

How can I stop Windows 10 over-riding this setting?

JohnChanin1, Dec 26, 2019
  4. bthomas24 Win User

when typing what keys am I hitting that causes a red squiggly line to be under every space and letter?

The question I had was not in relation to misspelled words as I understand the squiggly line for that but rather for all words and spaces that I enter. There must me some kind of keys I am hitting at one time that create this issue but have not figured
    it out. Any help is appreciated and I do appreciate the individual that suggested it was spelling as I was not completely clear what was going on. Thank you. Virginia

bthomas24, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. squiggly lines on some email not all and files - Similar Threads - squiggly lines email

2. Moving squiggly lines just started appearing on my computer screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving squiggly lines just started appearing on my computer screen.: Just logged into my computer today and these weird moving squiggly lines began to appear and disappear on my computer does anyone know what it could be?...
  3. Moving squiggly lines just started appearing on my computer screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving squiggly lines just started appearing on my computer screen.: Just logged into my computer today and these weird moving squiggly lines began to appear and disappear on my computer does anyone know what it could be?...
  4. Squiggly lines across HP omen laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Squiggly lines across HP omen laptop screen: Hi, my daughter was currently playing need for speed on my laptop and yelled out it had shutdown ... Then after reboot find all the black wiggly lines across the screen ... She says she hasn't touched anything I have never seen it before any help would be great ... I'm also...
  5. Squiggly lines across HP omen laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Squiggly lines across HP omen laptop screen: Hi, my daughter was currently playing need for speed on my laptop and yelled out it had shutdown ... Then after reboot find all the black wiggly lines across the screen ... She says she hasn't touched anything I have never seen it before any help would be great ... I'm also...
  6. Squiggly lines across HP omen laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Some programs show "White Lines" all over the UI!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs show "White Lines" all over the UI!: Hello, So I have an issue and I think it's related to windows, I've seen this issue before on some programs including Mozilla Firefox and Visual Studio Code etc... I have white lines that appear from time to time that covers the whole UI, I don't know what's causing this to...
  8. Windows 10 May 2020 Update - TV Connected via HDMI - Blue/Green Squiggly Lines

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update - TV Connected via HDMI - Blue/Green Squiggly Lines: [ATTACH] Only thing I've changed is installed the May 2020 update. Anything I put on that screen has those lines. The only solution I've found is to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it in again. Tried different leads, rolling back NVIDIA drivers etc. To clarify, main screen...
  9. Windows screen goes dark except for small box of squiggly lines -- virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows screen goes dark except for small box of squiggly lines -- virus?: This is new HP system running Windows 10. The screen suddenly goes dark except for a few squiggly lines in the middle of the screen: [ATTACH] Suspecting virus. Any ideas about what this is and how to fix it? Thanks!...
  10. Some lines need to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some lines need to remove: [ATTACH][ATTACH]need to remove these line but can't please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-lines-need-to-remove/1fb8c137-4689-44e5-a14e-820a03217b27"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my email address have red squiggly lines

2. stop red squigly lines in email