Windows 10: Sr. Citizen Questions Re New Desktop & Virus Programs, Please

Discus and support Sr. Citizen Questions Re New Desktop & Virus Programs, Please in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Thanks for all the previous help. Going to purchase a new Desktop pc for the family, and have to admit that I've lost track of the Posts... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert11, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Sr. Citizen Questions Re New Desktop & Virus Programs, Please

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the previous help.

Going to purchase a new Desktop pc for the family, and have to admit that I've lost track of
    the Posts and info. on this subject, as I'm in my 80's now and somewhat hard to keep up with.

I imagine it is a very common question.

What Virus/Malware, etc. is generally thought of these days as being the most effective ?

Is one package sufficient, or should I purchase two (getting pricey if I do) ?

Should I consider the free versions of ?

BTW: Might as well also ask now: HP and Dell both thought of as having pretty much the same
    "quality levels" on their Desktops ? How about for service ?

Samsung the "best" for 4K Monitors ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Jan 19, 2019

2. Citizen GSX-190 does not work after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the delay.

I suggest you to go to the manufacture’s website and download Citizen GSX-190 driver for Windows 8.1, install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 19, 2019
  3. andryt Win User
    Citizen (Ticket printer) offline on windows 10

HI Yashwant,

Issue is fixed.

here is the troubleshooting steps:

Start => All Program => CITIZEN => Driver Port => Driver Port Settings 2

Choose correct printer driver from drop down list

Remove check mark from "OFFLINE controllable mode"

andryt, Jan 19, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

BEWARE: Spyware Doctor program is a VIRUS!!!

Also, I knew it was a rogue program because it would NOT DELETE when you went to "Add/Remove Programs". It wasn't going anywhere! It seemed strange but I never thought it was a virus!!! That company needs to be taken down. I am 100% sure this was an actual virus!! Any suggestions on where to take action???

DCnewbie, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Sr. Citizen Questions Re New Desktop & Virus Programs, Please - Similar Threads - Citizen Questions Desktop

2. Sr. Citizen Dumb Question: Bottom Bar With The Icons Orientation ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Dumb Question: Bottom Bar With The Icons Orientation ?: Hello, Running W10. Not sure what the proper name is, but regarding the bar on the very bottom of the screen that holds all the icons: Mine has gone to a vertical orientation on the right side of the screen. No idea what caused this. What might have ? How do I get it back...
  3. Sr. Citizen Level Questions Re Sleep Mode, Brightness, etc. Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Level Questions Re Sleep Mode, Brightness, etc. Please: Hi, Great Forums and folks. Thanks for all the previous help. a. For the first time, I tried using the sleep mode. Worked fine, apparently. But after a few days with it, it started asking me for a Password when I woke it up by using the keyboard or mouse. Why the change ?...
  4. Sr. Citizen Questions Re New Desktop & Virus Programs, Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Questions Re New Desktop & Virus Programs, Please: Hi Folks, Thanks for all the previous help. Going to purchase a new Desktop pc for the family, and have to admit that I've lost track of the Posts and info. on this subject, as I'm in my 80's now and somewhat hard to keep up with. I imagine it is a very common question....
  5. Sr. Citizen Questions (probably dumb and basic, but would appreciate

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Questions (probably dumb and basic, but would appreciate: Hello, Using Windows 10 as a virtual machine (via the program Parallels) from a Mac. Not used to the nuances of W10, and am really confused. Sr. Citizen now, so please put up with some dumb questions: a. The program(s) listings on the left side continually shows nonsense...
  6. BitDefender: Getting Started With Questions (Sr. Citizen Level)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitDefender: Getting Started With Questions (Sr. Citizen Level): Hello, Just installed Bitdefender. Brand new desktop PC. Think it went O.K. But a few items popped up that I'm not too sure about: a. It said it found a problem.. When i clicked on it, it said that "AntiPhising Filter Is Disabled" Then, Click To Fix. When I...
  7. Sr. Citizen Question Re Which Vers., and On Brands Desktop Reliabity ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Question Re Which Vers., and On Brands Desktop Reliabity ?: Hello, Guess I will be getting the "Home" edition for W10 on a new Desktop. I understand that it is avail. in a 64 bit version also. True ? For a very typical home user (Desktop) with no gaming, etc., but lots of internet "surfing", does the 64 bit version (if I am...
  8. Accessing An External HD: Sr. Citizen Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing An External HD: Sr. Citizen Question ?: Hi, So simple a question, I'm embarased to ask. Will blame it on old age now. Should have stayed with W7. Anyway, I have an external HD plugged into a USB Port for doing some backups How do i get to it afterwards, please ? I thought "File Explorer," but it...
  9. Sr. Citizen Quest's As A New W10 User.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Quest's As A New W10 User.: Hello, Sr. Citizen now, very,and frankly not all that sharp with this "stuff" anymore. Would be most grateful for any help. Have had W7 for many years, was "happy" with it, but new desktop (DELL XPS 8900) due to arrive in a few days is coming with W10. Would like to...
  10. Sr. Citizen Question: Which HP PC Desktop Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Question: Which HP PC Desktop Question ?: Hello, Sr. Citizen now, and would appreciate some help.. Have had an HP Desktop for a number of years. Not perfect, but have had good luck with it. Time for a new one, though. Am considering another, new Desktop with W10. Their site doesn't allow a comparison, item...