Windows 10: srmscan.dll and srmclient.dll repeatedly corrupted windows 10 19041.331

Discus and support srmscan.dll and srmclient.dll repeatedly corrupted windows 10 19041.331 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro x64 19041.331 OS build 2004 MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE I have been having an issue with the files srmscan.dll and srmclient.dll being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cybot, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Cybot Win User

srmscan.dll and srmclient.dll repeatedly corrupted windows 10 19041.331

Windows 10 Pro x64 19041.331 OS build 2004

MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE

I have been having an issue with the files srmscan.dll and srmclient.dll being repeatedly corrupted or something. neither DISM or SFC are able to repair the files even though they say the issue was repaired. I have done a repair install of windows 3 times now, which did fix the issue for a few days, but the issue keeps cropping up again after about half a week. according to SFC the files have a hash mismatch. I am having issues with the copies of the files that reside in both c:\windows\system32 and in c:\windows\syswow64.

I can tell the issue has returned, because suddenly windows will begin to act really unstable. it begins with programs freezing up and extended time between when I tell windows to do something and when it actually does it. I actually waited 5 minutes the other day for windows to bring up the run menu. the situation rapidly devolves into the start menu and the desktop no longer responding. trying to restart explorer fails. you can close explorer, but it fails to restart. and task manager gets really messed up. you can open task manager if your lucky, but you can not switch tabs with out it freezing up. the end result during this situation is 100% of the time a hard reset of the system. after which windows boots and the probem presents itself once more after about three minutes.

according to the update information from the M$ support site here, the two files in question were updated with the update. I am tired of reinstalling windows twice a week. how do I find and extract the files from the latest windows update KB4567523 to replace the files manually or better yet maybe using one of windows built in repair tools like SFC or DISM? I have downloaded a copy of the update from the windows update catalog, but am unsure what to do with it.

:)

Cybot, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. srmscan.dll and srmclient.dll repeatedly corrupted windows 10 19041.331 - Similar Threads - srmscan dll srmclient

2. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  3. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  4. PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted: Full message is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\WPF\PresentationNative_v0400.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or...
  5. PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted: Full message is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\WPF\PresentationNative_v0400.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or...
  6. Missing/corrupt dll file msvcp140.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing/corrupt dll file msvcp140.dll: Hello, I`ve never had any problems with dlls but now i cant start some games because i get dll errors. msvcp140.dll was missing. So i downloaded it and put it in the system32 folder but couldnt run the command regsvr32 msvcp140.dll. I`ve tried some other msvcp140.dlls but...
  7. corrupted dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupted dll files: Can resetting a windows 10 pc fix corrupted dll files like riched20?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-dll-files/6f1752aa-53db-42e8-8202-687b2cea52a3
  8. Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL: Hi I'm getting a message saying that VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.27810.0_x86 is either corrupted or not intended for the computer a PC. There are other versions installed. If re-installing it will fix it, how do I get hold of...
  9. Corrupt system .dll file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt system .dll file: Hello. When I run sfc /scannow it returns that there are corrupt files that are unavailable to be fixed, however when I checked the log by using the command to create a sfcdetails.txt file on the desktop I don't see any specific files that need to be replaced. The reason I am...
  10. VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10: In trying to open a particular program (On1 Resize 2019) in my brand new computer running Windows 10, I get the following messages: The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found and The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was...