Windows 10: SRT files type changed!

Discus and support SRT files type changed! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i installed KMplayer mins ago and it changed the type of SRT files! i need to make the notepad the default program as previous, how can i did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abdel-Fattah M.Othman, Oct 26, 2018.

1. SRT files type changed!

Hi,

i installed KMplayer mins ago and it changed the type of SRT files!

i need to make the notepad the default program as previous, how can i did this

SRT files type changed! 07a4f08d-68e5-47d3-816e-4babc64d3e02?upload=true.png

i tried to chose it from here and nothing won't change!

and i wesnt to setting - default apps - choose default apps by type

and searched for SRT and find it this and it won't changed too

SRT files type changed! dcc73f81-f8a2-4afc-9c71-5f6d724c4991?upload=true.png

:)

Abdel-Fattah M.Othman, Oct 26, 2018

2. srt file type not shown on default types list

Thanks Dave, but i'm affraid that is not fixing my issue.

I have already tried that, nothing happens, the file is opened in notepad normally, but isn't remain asocciated as it should.

the .SRT option isn't shown on the list, as i wanted to associate those file types using the applet.

Can I add the SRT file type on this list? ( i sniped the screen for you )

PabloFerder, Oct 26, 2018
  3. srt file type not shown on default types list

Hi!

I have a problem, with im trying to associate SRT file types to Notepad.

You see, the .srt file type option doesn't show on the list. ( please see capture below )

Can I add it somehow?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kindly,

Pablo

PabloFerder, Oct 26, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

SRT files type changed!

srt file type not shown on default types list

Hi Pablo,

Right click an SRT file, choose 'Open with' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open srt . . .'

If Notepad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Notepad should appear in that list . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

SRT files type changed!

1. SRT files type changed! - Similar Threads - SRT files type

2. how to remove srt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove srt files: how to remove srt files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-srt-files/b40d7143-c18a-442f-baf8-1cee1017d811
  3. how to remove srt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove srt files: how to remove srt files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-srt-files/b40d7143-c18a-442f-baf8-1cee1017d811
  4. All of my file types changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my file types changed: recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-file-types-changed/0183484d-903a-469b-bb0a-7ef7ae2826b5
  5. Changing the file type assocation for a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the file type assocation for a file: Hi! I've been trying to get rid of Notepad++ as my automatic JSON file launcher thingy but I haven't been able to even after resetting to the defaults. I've tried many solutions I've seen on here but nothing seems to work. I've even deleted Notepad++ but it's not working, and...
  6. SUBTITLE FILES -srt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SUBTITLE FILES -srt files: Good day Yesterday I tried to play a subtitle to a movie I was viewing but it didn't work when checking the sub it views a blank tile when I right click it says its a srt file and that its unable to be used on windows 10 after I upgraded. This was never a problem before I...
  7. Change Icon By File Type (not by Application)

Change Icon By File Type (not by Application): This is the scenario. I have a music collection that I want all my music files to be played in the same player. I want to be able to look at a file and tell if it is an MP3 or a WAV or a MP4 or an OGG by looking at the ICON (Yes I know I can enable windows to show...
  8. Changing Default Program for File Type

Changing Default Program for File Type: Hi, I had downloaded a file with .kmfs extension. What I was to do, but did not know then, was to rename it as .exe and execute the program. But, I had renamed it as a .pdf thinking the file is ready to read. Now, I want to change the file type default as nothing, so I can...
  9. change file type

in Windows 10 Support
    change file type: I was looking through a file within the file called" Windows8 OS". The file was called "Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.32" and it was a "LFL" file type. In trying to open it I inadvertently changed it to a "BC" file type. Question, how do I change it back to it's...
  10. How to change "File type" (aka file type description) of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change "File type" (aka file type description) of files: Hello everyone I would like to edit the file type descriptions of a number of file types on my computer. I mean the text that is written in the "File Type" column. For example, after installing Opera browser, all HTML and HTM files have the "File Type" of "Opera Web...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot associate srt files