Windows 10: Srttrail.txt file error for five days, but no solutions working yet.

Discus and support Srttrail.txt file error for five days, but no solutions working yet. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Nearly five days ago, my MSI GL72-6QD was having multiple issues which resulted in a spinning wheel instead of a cursor. I couldn't click anything and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HanakoYuri, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Srttrail.txt file error for five days, but no solutions working yet.

Nearly five days ago, my MSI GL72-6QD was having multiple issues which resulted in a spinning wheel instead of a cursor. I couldn't click anything and unfortunately had to forcefully shut it down via power button. Since then, me trying to power it on results in the infamous: C:Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\Srttrail.txt error.

Also since then, I've tried the following solutions to no avail:

1. bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd, bootrec.exe /fixmbr, bootrec.exe /fixboot in command prompt. | The first time I tried this, I received a message saying: "The system cannot find the path specified. After messing about with more things on my computer though, all of it was succesful, yet still didn't work.

2. chkdsk /f /r C: which failed in stage 2, with the error message: "An unspecified error occured (696e647863686b2e 1898) Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50.

3. Any system restore point I've tried. All are from a Windows Module, but I always receive the 0x80070017 error.

4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, received: "Error: 50, DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. The DISM log file can be found at X:\Windwos\Logs\DISM\dism.log".

5. Disabling early anti-malware launch protection.

6. Enabling safe mode with or without networking, and command prompt.

7. System image, don't have one.

8. Disabling automatic startup repair. Takes me to a blue screen, but miraculously, I have a wider range of options including "Use Another Operating System" and "Reset Your PC" if I go to the more options section. I don't have these options available if I just use F3 to take me to that particular options section.

10. Going back to the previous build, says I don't have the option to, and that I should reset it instead, but can't find that option unless I perform the trick said above.

11. Resetting my PC. When I didn't have a USB with installation media on it, this operation failed and was stuck on "undoing changes" for about 12 hours overnight and into the morning. After I got my USB with installation media on it, funnily enough it asked me for my Windows login details from my account, and then got to 47%, which also miserably failed and was stuck on "undoing changes" for about an hour.

12. copy c:windowssystem32configRegBack* c:windowssystem32config.

13. Checking device partition and osdevice partition. The default and correct value is supposed to be C:, and both are correct.

14. Removing all external things such as usb devices and disks.

15. Finding and deleting the critical file in srttrail.txt. It just shows my "repair attempts", which weirdly only says "2" despite my many attempts. I see no critical or corrupted file in sight, just many tests and diagnosis results.

Are there any other things I can try? I have most of my files saved, but I work from my laptop so much and didn't get the chance to save some of my newer artworks and files. I don't care that much about the files, but having some other type of option instead of going through the hassle of starting everything all over again would be great.

:)

HanakoYuri, Sep 23, 2018
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Srttrail.txt file error for five days, but no solutions working yet.

Windows 10 SrtTrail error

Hi, Zeikro

Check these links, I hope they solve your problem

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-srttrail-txt...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Pedro Bruguera, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Srttrail.txt file error for five days, but no solutions working yet.

1. Srttrail.txt file error for five days, but no solutions working yet. - Similar Threads - Srttrail txt file

2. Constant bluescreens no solution yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant bluescreens no solution yet: It has been a few months now that my computer has been having frequent bluescreen issues. Started on windows 10, tried a clean install of windows 10 and that did not stop the issue. Upgraded to windows 11 and still having frequent bluescreens. I actually had one the first...
  3. Srttrail error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrail error: Initially I had a srttrail error where I was a in a infinite boot, then I was following some videos on how to fix it in command prompt. Now I cannot even reach advanced settings and command prompt without booting from a windows 10 USB. At work right now but I’m sure I’ll be...
  4. Windows Spotlight doesn't work, been five days of the same photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight doesn't work, been five days of the same photo: Dear Microsoft Support, I am having a situation that needs to have attention to be looked at. I have Windows Spotlight and for the last five days it's been on the same photo, I would like to know just how one does change Windows Spotlight so that I will have new photos on my...
  5. srttrail error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    srttrail error: windows 32 srttrail .txt error. unable to log on or use PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error/2b5aed23-8b15-4bcb-801b-e101812a18ce
  6. Srttrail problems

Srttrail problems: i was working with two pc, a notebook and a desktop, and the notebook was having some problems that didn't let me boot propperly in any way, so i take out the HDD and connect it to the desktop to see if it has bad sectors or anything, the answer was no, after that, when i...
  7. srttrail error

srttrail error: i’ve already tried the bootrec.exe commands and it returns something like “0 windows installations detected” “operation successful” and “access denied” and it won’t chkdsk c: drive...
  8. Srttrail error can’t boot

Srttrail error can’t boot: I cant boot into windows and i cant reset my pc either i would apprieciate any help i can get thanks :)[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error-cant-boot/8cf4daa8-2faf-416e-a3a6-56d8d50c4fe1
  9. txt file working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    txt file working: working a txt file and saved. When working next txt file show history that enable quick opening a file saved previously I m using Windows 10, after last update i do not see this feature showing last saved files in .txt kindly help how can i bring back this feature...
  10. Windows 10 SrtTrail error

Windows 10 SrtTrail error: Hi today updating drivers of sound (realtek) and reboot the computer found this error so far i tried to use the bootrec but one command thats bootrec /fixboot is accedd denied I have a instalation media before the april update Can anybody help me please ?...
Tags: