Windows 10: srttrail.txt problem and stuck on black screen with circling dots every week, have to WIPE...

Discus and support srttrail.txt problem and stuck on black screen with circling dots every week, have to WIPE... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, a couple months ago i got an error when logging in about srt trail, with the automatic repair not being able to fix the problem. I tried many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lucaaaa x, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Lucaaaa x Win User

srttrail.txt problem and stuck on black screen with circling dots every week, have to WIPE...

Hello, a couple months ago i got an error when logging in about srt trail, with the automatic repair not being able to fix the problem. I tried many many ways to fix it, and the only way i was able to log back in was using a removable device to reset the windows. This was the start. Since then, I have been constantly getting that error or recently the black screen with circling dots on bootup being stuck forever, and it is frustrating having to wipe literally every week. In addition to this, as time went past my pc literally started deteriorating software wise; random programs would just stop working and never would, windows update just wouldnt update, and i started getting lots of other little problems all over that i couldnt fix no matter the methods i tried, and it came to the point where literally a few things would work which was chrome, discord and a few games. I also contacted microsoft inbetween all of this and their fix didnt really help, just stopped the srttrail error popping up for a few weeks.

From this, I assumed it was my hard drive with the problem as it is a few years old this pc, so i bought a new one and tried it. In a few days or a week i got the srt trail error once again, and had to reset which is very frustrating as I have like 50gb and hours of effort i have to go through with some mods for games, and files etc etc that i have to set up EVERY time, which isnt nice. I made sure i installd windows on the new drive and made sure the old one wasnt connected in any way so it was just the new drive, and still problems. I have had to partition it or reset it a few times and have the windows.old folder on it so i can get my old files and mods back, which doing this way messes them up a bit but is quicker than doing them all again i guess

Anyway, back on topic, I should not have to do this reset at most every 2 weeks and start over. Its stupid. I know im no expert but my guess is something wrong with windows update messing up on the same update over and over to cause this happening, or maybe some integrated hardware or software is broken somewhere else in the PC. I really dont care whether I have to replace a part I am that fed up with the error (jobless so not quite enough to buy a new pc, but then again i shouldnt have to do this and if i did then why do i have to pay) or do something. Just please help me get rid of this permanently im sick to death of it. Thank you for taking time to read my rant/question, I apologize for the bad English shown anywhere, I am currently too frustrated to add every capital letter and whatnot.

:)

Lucaaaa x, Aug 23, 2018

2. Stuck on the circling dots screen.

I am having the same problem, but it's not related to updates, at least not always. Every time I restart, it gets stuck on the circling dots screen. The dots keep circling for hours with nothing happening. I have to power down, then bring up the boot screen.
    Sometimes, I can restart normally from there, but more often I have to choose system restore, and sometimes that will actually go into a normal boot without actually offering me any restore points.

Someone suggested disabling "fast start", which I did, and that seemed to help for a few restarts, but now it's back to it's old freezing self.

Craig Faustus Buck, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Stuck with a black screen with white circle of dots

Hello,

I am having trouble with my laptop. When I power up I get a black screen with white circle of dots. I've searched the internet for answers and nothing has fixed it. Here is a list of what I've done in the Windows Recovery Environment:

• Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair
    • Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Option 4: Enable Safe Mode
    • Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>System Restore
      • There were three restore points; none of them worked
    • Troubleshoot>Reset this PC
      • This didn’t work; I get a message that says “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.”
    • Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Command Prompt
      • Execute the command: sfc /scannow
      • I get the message “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.”

I'm kind of at a loss at this point. I saw where someone said unplug any USB dongles but I don't have any. Everything is backed up so I'm not too concerned about losing data. I just need my laptop back. There was an update that ran a few days ago. I'm
    pretty sure it didn't install correctly and that's whats causing the problem.

Thanks for your help

Pete

PeterHinshaw, Aug 23, 2018
  4. srttrail.txt problem and stuck on black screen with circling dots every week, have to WIPE...

Login from lock screen stuck on circular rotating dots

The following happens intermittently:

• I'm working and use the Windows+L key combination to lock my screen to leave for a period (can be short or long).
    • I return and use Ctrl+Alt+Del to log back in.
    • I get a blue screen with a small circle of spinning dots, which goes on indefinitely.
    • I have to hard boot my laptop by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    This started happening only after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This appears to be a common problem with Windows 10:

I've tried most of the suggestions from these an other sources, but nothing has solved this issue -- which is very disruptive to productivity and seems to be specific to Windows 10. Please reply with only real solutions.

teancum144, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

srttrail.txt problem and stuck on black screen with circling dots every week, have to WIPE...

1. srttrail.txt problem and stuck on black screen with circling dots every week, have to WIPE... - Similar Threads - srttrail txt problem

2. Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle: So basically i started my pc and saw a blue screen saying something about an automatic repair and i just clicked the left button and now started up again and am stuck on a black screen with the spinning loading circle ab please help fr fr...
  3. Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle: So basically i started my pc and saw a blue screen saying something about an automatic repair and i just clicked the left button and now started up again and am stuck on a black screen with the spinning loading circle ab please help fr fr...
  4. Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots: HelloSince yesterday when trying to turn on my computer, it starts until the Screen with the Windows logo and the circling dots appear. There it gets stuck.I also tried the automatic repair, after I shut it down a couple of times, but it gets stuck at the same screen again....
  5. Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots: HelloSince yesterday when trying to turn on my computer, it starts until the Screen with the Windows logo and the circling dots appear. There it gets stuck.I also tried the automatic repair, after I shut it down a couple of times, but it gets stuck at the same screen again....
  6. Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Stuck On Restarting With Dots Circling

Stuck On Restarting With Dots Circling: I bought a new laptop, but it was defective. So I decided to return the laptop since it had all of my information; I had to restart without backing my files. The percentage of the restart was fine. The problem is that the laptop screen has been stuck on restarting with the...
  8. Srttrail problems

Srttrail problems: i was working with two pc, a notebook and a desktop, and the notebook was having some problems that didn't let me boot propperly in any way, so i take out the HDD and connect it to the desktop to see if it has bad sectors or anything, the answer was no, after that, when i...
  9. white circling dots on blue and black screen

white circling dots on blue and black screen: When booting up win 10 on laptop, it goes through this sequence - computer logo on black screen with white circling dots, then black screen with white circling dots, then blue screen same and please wait, then login, then login screen, white circling dots and welcome....
  10. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. srttrail.txt windows logo no spinning dots

2. windows 10 starts then circling circle then actually tried to update now locked up blue blank screen