Windows 10: "SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" multiple times per second

Discus and support "SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" multiple times per second in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On Windows 10 Pro I am getting Event ID 454, "SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" and Event ID 916 "The beta feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aggregate J, Feb 11, 2019.

1. "SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" multiple times per second

On Windows 10 Pro I am getting Event ID 454, "SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" and Event ID 916 "The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000." logged to the application log multiple times per second.

"SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" multiple times per second 27dbc71f-88f2-4927-aa31-be14babfd706?upload=true.png

If I shut off the Diagnostic Policy Service, these errors stop. When I turn DPS back on, I will see one of each of those errors immediately and then after some time (sometimes a few minutes, sometimes near an hour), I will see multiple per second (as shown in the picture above).

I've checked in C:\Windows\System32\SRU and see a few log files, but no SRUDB.dat (which seems to be the DB indicated by SRUJet). Some other posts have suggested deleting this file and let DPS rebuild it - but I cannot even find it.

I tried manually putting SRUDB.dat in that folder, but the same errors happen (actually, starting DPS deletes the file I put there).

I have run sfc /scannow which completes with no errors.
    I have also run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (and /ScanHealth and /RestoreHealth) - all no issues.

Any other ideas?

:)

Aggregate J, Feb 11, 2019

2. window 10 file explorer running slow. it takes years to fully load a folder.

Mark, thanks for the hint.

My symptoms were:

- No thumbnails displayed

- Green bar loading forever

- Explorer essentially unusable

Rebuilding the icon cache (the commonly suggested fix) and SFC had no effect.

I looked in the Event Viewer as you suggested and found continuous errors (about 1 a second) from SearchIndexer ("Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -590.").

Found this result:

Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error 509

which referenced error 509 instead of 590, but it pointed to a problem in the directory C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\

I removed all the files I could in that directory (2 were in use), then opened Windows Indexing Options and rebuilt the index.

Problems immediately fixed (before the index finished rebuilding).

My particular fix may not work in your case. Follow Mark's suggestion and check the event log for clues.

t.bridgman, Feb 11, 2019
  3. how to fix svchost errors on win 10

continually getting multiple errors like:

svchost (2528) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-4260932837-3539180066-2707097124-1001: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -501.

johnPaulausky, Feb 11, 2019
  4. "SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" multiple times per second

Error 32 - read / write access failed - svchost - SRUDB.dat

Event logs reports a r/w error every 10 seconds. The error is coming from svchost (PID Changes with every boot)

I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511, OS Build 10586.36

There is first an error (occurs about 10 min after reboot):

svchost (PID) SRUJet: An attempt to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sru\SRUDB.dat" for read / write access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ". The open file
    operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Each of the next errors occurs once:

svchost (PID) SRUJet: Unable to write a shadowed header for file C:\WINDOWS\system32\sru\SRUDB.dat. Error -1032.

svchost (PID) SRUJet: The database engine stopped the instance (0) with error (-1032).
    Internal Timing Sequence: [1] 0.000, [2] 0.000, [3] 0.000, [4] 0.000, [5] 0.031, [6] 0.000, [7] 0.000, [8] 0.000, [9] 20.078, [10] 0.000, [11] 0.000, [12] 0.000, [13] 0.000, [14] 0.000, [15] 0.000.

From then on the following error repeats every 10 seconds:

svchost (PID) SRUJet: An attempt to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sru\SRUDB.dat" for read / write access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ".
    The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

I have ran Malwarebytes and have an ongoing virus checker installed (ZoneAlarm). Nothing on both.

Also, SRUDB.dat seems to be recreated after boot.

Looking for help/suggestions/thoughts.

Thanks -

OrangeLoon, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

"SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" multiple times per second

1. "SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -509" multiple times per second - Similar Threads - SRUJet Database recovery

2. System Restore Fails Every Time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Fails Every Time: Hi Guys, Here is a weird one. On Win 10 Pro, 1803, Build 17134.48. Every system restore fails on my machine, with the error as in attachment. [img] If I try booting from Windows 10 setup USB boot and select Repair, then go to System Restore, I get this message: To use...
  3. KB4032188 failed to install multiple times [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4032188 failed to install multiple times [SOLVED]: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro, currently version 15063.608. I've never had any update issues. I'm using automatic updates, and the 16. September Windows failed to install KB4032188 multiple times. Windows tried to update (automatically) several times: 16. September, 22....
  4. updates to pc failed multiple times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates to pc failed multiple times: i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed to update. an hour ago, i tried running "windows10upgrade.exe" and it too failed. i see there are updates that look like...
  5. Daily/multiple times per day BSODs; I've tried so many things :(

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily/multiple times per day BSODs; I've tried so many things :(: Attachment 86517 Hey. So, I built my computer in August of 2015, and since then I've had nearly daily problems with BSODs. For a few months (between October 2015 and March 2016) they had gone away (no idea what happened to make them stop), but then randomly started up...
  6. 0 Bytes per second - windows explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    0 Bytes per second - windows explorer: So, i've had windows 10 since the beta. I recently got 2 new 1tb hard drives. I was originally using one to store my files, as I have a 120gb SSD as a boot drive, and don't have enough space to store my 500+ gigs of games, after effects files and the like. When moving my...
  7. New installation fails with unexpected error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New installation fails with unexpected error 0xc0000098: Today I bought Windows 10 Home 32/64-bit on a USB-stick and tried to install the 64-bit version on a computer that has never used Windows before. After it is done loading files I can see the Windows logo for a second then I get an unexpected error: [img] The computer...
  8. Unexpected error failed installation (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unexpected error failed installation (Windows 10): So I've bought a new PC (Windows 10) and with the first Start I get a message saying: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation can not proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005: For the past few days, explorer.exe has crashed several times each day. Get an event logged similar to the one below. {noformat}Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.15063.332, time stamp: 0x2bdd7016 Faulting module name: cryptui.dll_unloaded, version:...
  10. Database error logged to events several times a day

in Windows 10 Support
    Database error logged to events several times a day: Description: FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA\People_Gifts_Data.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). Description: BACKUP failed to complete the command...