Windows 10: ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes

Discus and support ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i've had a problem where my ssd reaches 100% activity, but 0 reads/writes.I dismissed it for a while, because i thought that my ssd was dying. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KristupasKaupas, Sep 11, 2021.

1. ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes

So i've had a problem where my ssd reaches 100% activity, but 0 reads/writes.I dismissed it for a while, because i thought that my ssd was dying. I bought a new ssd in july, and i noticed that the issues were percisting. Windows was freshly installed, so there couldn't be anything messed up with that part.The things i've tried:using a different sata cableusing different portstrying sfc/scannowtrying things from this reddit threadI've tried to find errors in event viewer, but i only found one error that was remotely in the time the freeze happened. There were 6 different errors from ~5 min afte

:)

KristupasKaupas, Sep 11, 2021

2. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804

Hey Everyone,

I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow.

My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active.

I have tried multiple things online; however I cannot figure out what is the cause.

I tried
    1. Disabling search/superfetch
    2. Resetting page file
    3. Disk Check
    4. Disable Windows Update

Any Help Is Appreciated! Thanks!

ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes [​IMG]

ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes [​IMG]

lsutigers527, Sep 11, 2021
  3. System Disk Jumps to 100% Active Time with 0 Read or Write

There are a lot of background processes running so disk activity is occasional.

Crystal Disk Report can see how much read/write there is and estimate the remaining service life

SSD generally should last > 5 years in a typical gaming PC.

Hardcore Games™, Sep 11, 2021
  4. ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes

Windows 10 - Active Time 100% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s - for exactly 60 seconds

I have recently conducted a fresh reinstall of Microsoft Windows 10 Home - none of my hardware has changed.

I am getting sporadic freeze-ups of the operating system. These freeze-ups appear to last for exactly 60 seconds.

I have attempted to diagnose the issue using Task Manager- under the
    Performance tab I can see the freezes coincide with Disk 0 (Cssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes :) hitting 100% active time - for exactly 60 seconds (I can see this because the graph is '60 seconds across').

The Active Time is 100 %, the Average Response Time is 0 ms, the
    Read Speed is 0 KB/s, and the Write Speed is 0 KB/s.

What I have tried so far:

• Disabling the Page file for C:.
    • Running System File Checker /SFC with administrative privileges.
    • Running Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool (DISM)
    • Disabling several services: Windows Search and Superfetch.
    • Checked SMART status of SSD using Kingston SSD Toolbox.
    • Updated Windows using Windows Update.
    • Run Windows Troubleshooter - System Maintenance.

What do people recommend my next steps should be?

SuperCrazyJoel, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes

1. ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes - Similar Threads - ssd 100% activity

2. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  3. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  4. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SSD 100% active but not writing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD 100% active but not writing: Hi,SSD 100% active but not writing causing system to hangHave looked around and looks like AHCI control was the cause of this problem however, have followed reccomendations on adding AHCI option to power management and changing the settings with no success. The sytem still...
  6. SSD 100% active but not writing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD 100% active but not writing: Hi,SSD 100% active but not writing causing system to hangHave looked around and looks like AHCI control was the cause of this problem however, have followed reccomendations on adding AHCI option to power management and changing the settings with no success. The sytem still...
  7. SSD 100% active but not writing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write: Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 Hey Everyone, I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow. My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active. I have tried multiple things online; however...
  9. SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write: Hi. So ever since the 20H2 update, my computer randomly freezes with disk active time sitting at 100 with no read and write. I can move my mouse and I can move Windows around, but I can't click on anything or alt+tab. It happens while navigating different windows and...
  10. System Disk Jumps to 100% Active Time with 0 Read or Write

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Disk Jumps to 100% Active Time with 0 Read or Write: Hello, this is my first time posting on the forum, but the problem I have is that whenever I am playing a game, the system diskSamsung 970 Evo would randomly jump to 100% usage with 0 write and 0 read even if the game is installed on another drive. Sometimes only the game...