Windows 10: SSD 45 secs to boot

Discus and support SSD 45 secs to boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay i have a lenovo y520 with a 500 Gb SSD and a 1Tb HDD. The windows is obviously on the SSD. Before the time to boot was really low like 10 - 12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fbento49, May 15, 2020.

1. SSD 45 secs to boot

Okay i have a lenovo y520 with a 500 Gb SSD and a 1Tb HDD. The windows is obviously on the SSD.

Before the time to boot was really low like 10 - 12 secs but now i need to wait 45 SECS.

I have all drivers updated btw.

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/fbento49
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fbento49, May 15, 2020

2. VPN disconnects in every 45 sec

Hi,

I am using the window default VPN, once I am connected to the VPN the VPN connection disconnects automatically after every 45 sec. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Regards,

Narayan

uppunarayan, May 15, 2020
  3. jbishopp Win User
    Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.

I have an ASUS 6730 with Win 10 and I just installed an SSD as the boot drive. Boot time is very long 90 sec. I have the latest BIOS version. I tried disconnecting all external drives. I turned off the old internal drive in Devices just in case the BIOS was searching the old drive for some reason. I have not tried physically disconnecting the old drive.

I have disabled all the unnecessary start-up apps

None of this has helped. I thought with the SSD I'd get a boot time of< 30 sec. I looked at the boot log and there was a long list of files but I couldn't tell which of these, if any, might be delaying the boot-up.

jbishopp, May 15, 2020
  4. SSD 45 secs to boot

Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 15, 2020
Thema:

SSD 45 secs to boot

1. SSD 45 secs to boot - Similar Threads - SSD secs boot

2. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not booting: I got SATA SSD to replace an hard drive on my PC, I tried loading window Os on it but I did not work on the PC, then I put the ssd on another PC which work very fine, so I put it back on the PC, still not working after much troubleshooting. I can't still get the...
  3. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd not booting: I got SATA SSD to replace an hard drive on my PC, I tried loading window Os on it but I did not work on the PC, then I put the ssd on another PC which work very fine, so I put it back on the PC, still not working after much troubleshooting. I can't still get the...
  4. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ssd not booting: I’ve been experiencing problems with my computer recognizing my ssd to boot from. I had two separate hardrives with Windows downloaded on both connected to my pc. When booted up it prompted me to select a drive. Last night I decided to delete one drive for extra storage. Now...
  6. Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!!: Hi Windows Gurus I usually take system backup via Macrium image - but I decided this time to check reverting back via Windows old using settings -->revert back to previous version of windows. I had installed 20H1 skip ahead but didn't like it for all sorts of reasons so I...
  7. error code 45

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error code 45: since I upgraded to windows 10, my Bluetooth disappeared, I have tried everything to re-install it, I found error code 45 on there under control panel hidden devices (Bluetooth sort of listed) under unknown. is there a proper fix for this, my Laptop originally came with...
  8. I get BSOD while in Word after 30-45 sec. of typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get BSOD while in Word after 30-45 sec. of typing: Getting BSOD after only typing in Word for 30-45 seconds. there is never iny draft saved, and if I do save the text, it is in read only mode, so I cant correct or add to it. 110535
  9. Very slow 45 min Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow 45 min Boot: Have run 4 times SFC and keeps finding errors. Can you help me determine what to do? Upgraded from win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro 10 days ago,, first week startup was perfect, then something happened, an upgrade or external program, don't know. Have read in other forums to...
  10. Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.: I have an ASUS 6730 with Win 10 and I just installed an SSD as the boot drive. Boot time is very long 90 sec. I have the latest BIOS version. I tried disconnecting all external drives. I turned off the old internal drive in Devices just in case the BIOS was searching the old...