Windows 10: SSD 4k read speed reduced after october update (win10 v1809)

Discus and support SSD 4k read speed reduced after october update (win10 v1809) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i am using transcend ssd220s 240 GB ssd in my acer laptop(2015 with sata 3 6 gbps) (windows 10 v1803) initially i had tested the drive with crystal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Saiyan32, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Saiyan32 Win User

SSD 4k read speed reduced after october update (win10 v1809)

i am using transcend ssd220s 240 GB ssd in my acer laptop(2015 with sata 3 6 gbps) (windows 10 v1803) initially i had tested the drive with crystal disk mark only 4k read/write speed .....i got 27-28 MB/s

but after 4-5 months of use and with windows 10 (v1809) ..i tested it again but this time 4k read speed is 22-23 MB/s

ssd health is at 99% i have two partition ...for windows c drive size is 99.9 GB with 53 GB occupied and the other partition is almost completely empty........(123 GB free)
    can anyone tell me what could be the cause?...is the windows 10 1809 build.....is someone having the same problem...?

:)

Saiyan32, Nov 8, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Y_K_G Win User
    Win10 October Update

Hi, İ ll setup Win10 October update from iso

For the drivers:

- Chipset

- SATA

- Realtek

- İntel Graphic

- Bluetooth

- Wifi

etc. drivers should I get from Manufacturers-WebPage or should I keep the original Win10 october drivers ??

Thank you...

Y_K_G, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD 4k read speed reduced after october update (win10 v1809) - Similar Threads - SSD read speed

2. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.: My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI...
  3. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.: My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI...
  4. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 1903 update reduced RAM speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 update reduced RAM speed: Hi all, Recently updated Windows 10 ver. 1809 to ver. 1903, and Windows now reports my total RAM speed as 2133 MHz. Before it was operating at 2400 MHz. 2400 is what the current processor supports. AIDA64 reports effective RAM speed is now 2133 MHz (which is what Task Man...
  6. SSD read speed for games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD read speed for games?: I just brought a Samsung 869 EVO to run some games off. The particularly game I playing on reaches a peak of around 250 MB/s read speed while the drive is capable of 570 MB/s. Wouldn't my game be loading faster if it was utilizing the maximum read speed of the SSD? 129744
  7. Reduced random read/write speeds in 970evo 250gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reduced random read/write speeds in 970evo 250gb: Hello everyone, Ive had this nagging issue with my 970evo 250gb lately where the speeds (albeit in crystaldiskmark- a synthetic bench....) are not what they were when it was new. I am aware that drives behavior may change as they fill, but take a look below. Note the...
  8. Unable to log-in after October 2018 (v1809) Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to log-in after October 2018 (v1809) Windows 10 update.: TL;DR: Unable to log-in after v1809 update (I'm eternally stuck in the log-in screen), can't get into any safe modes (keyboard(s) not recognized on "Startup Settings" screen), still have the option to revert to v1803, want to know if there is anything I can try to log in...
  9. Windows v1809 October Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows v1809 October Update.: This now available to download at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-v1809-october-update/57af1e7c-8e1e-40cf-90f7-205e29c51af4
  10. Win10 October Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 October Update: Hi, İ ll setup Win10 October update from iso For the drivers: - Chipset - SATA - Realtek - İntel Graphic - Bluetooth - Wifi etc. drivers should I get from Manufacturers-WebPage or should I keep the original Win10 october drivers ?? Thank you......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd windwos 10 read write speeds reduced