Windows 10: SSD and HDD?

Discus and support SSD and HDD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello have a ? about mounting my games to a SSD and keeping my 3tb HDD is there an easy way to mount the game I play and dual boot between the two?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EwryRobert, Nov 30, 2020.

1. SSD and HDD?

Hello have a ? about mounting my games to a SSD and keeping my 3tb HDD is there an easy way to mount the game I play and dual boot between the two? I'll reinstall if need be.

thanks for your time:
    have nicer day.

:)

EwryRobert, Nov 30, 2020

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Nov 30, 2020
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Nov 30, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

SSD and HDD?

HDD to SSD

I don't understand why you changed the boot order in your BIOS.

When you image or clone an HDD, and restore the image or clone to an SSD, you've got an identical copy of your computer on a different hard drive. Nothing has changed, really. So the next step is to remove the HDD from your computer and replace it with the
    SSD, then carry on as normal.

BulldogXX, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

SSD and HDD?

1. SSD and HDD? - Similar Threads - SSD HDD

2. I bought a 1to SSD 860 EVO to switch from my 1to HDD, So when I installed windows 10 on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I bought a 1to SSD 860 EVO to switch from my 1to HDD, So when I installed windows 10 on the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/9tSirius [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzj2jo/i_bought_a_1to_ssd_860_evo_to_switch_from_my_1to/
  3. Can't do clean install of Windows 10 on new ssd and also hdd issues...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do clean install of Windows 10 on new ssd and also hdd issues...: Hello! I'm a computer noob and I just installed a new 500 gb ssd into my laptop that still had my hdd in it. I tried to clean install the Windows 10 on the new ssd with my 1tb hdd in it still so now it will not boot without the hdd. After researching around and reading posts...
  4. Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD: I'm needed of your help, I recently got an SSD to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with Windows 10 Home Single Lamguage, I cleaned and format the SSD and used Macrium to clone, but it showed me a window saying that I couldn't acces that folder, I changed the security and the...
  5. Use SSD as cache for HDD

Use SSD as cache for HDD: Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could use a 128GB SSD as cache for my 2TB HDD. What program should I use? Is it a native Windows feature? Is this the right subreddit to post this? Thanks :) submitted by /u/GnossisYT [link] [comments]...
  6. cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd: i want to move my video files back from my HDD to my SSD as i thought i was gonna take up more storage so i moved it on my HDD now i need it back on my SSD because it doesn't take up as much space but it tells me that System Volume Information access denied and when i...
  7. HDD won't clone. How can I move the data to a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD won't clone. How can I move the data to a new SSD?: I have a Windows 10 installation, with LOTS of apps and documents saved onto a 750GB hard drive in an Asus laptop. There is well over 400GB free on the drive, including an empty 280GB partition. I purchased a Seagate Barracuda 120 500GB SSD to transfer the system from the...
  8. SSD with Win 10, HDD with Win 7 - Can I connect them both in anyway and copy the HDD data...

SSD with Win 10, HDD with Win 7 - Can I connect them both in anyway and copy the HDD data...: Title is title submitted by /u/6_or_9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx2grj/ssd_with_win_10_hdd_with_win_7_can_i_connect_them/
  9. UHHH so appereantly my C:\ drive ssd is now a regular N:\ drive hdd according to windows...

UHHH so appereantly my C:\ drive ssd is now a regular N:\ drive hdd according to windows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/1_boi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kwoeuu/uhhh_so_appereantly_my_c_drive_ssd_is_now_a/
  10. Migrating Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD, keeping data on old HDD as backup drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD, keeping data on old HDD as backup drive.: I am having trouble finding the answer for my situation. I made a clone of my old HDDc: onto a new m.2 SSDF: . I do not want to remove or delete any data on my original HDDc:. I want to keep it as a backup and keep it installed on this computer. I rebooted entered bios...