Windows 10: SSD and Windows FastStartup

Discus and support SSD and Windows FastStartup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 128 GB SSD. My Desktop PC doesn't seem to have any issues with the default setting-Windows Fast Start up enabled in Power Options. Hibernate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Apr 21, 2019.

1. SSD and Windows FastStartup

I have a 128 GB SSD. My Desktop PC doesn't seem to have any issues with the default setting-Windows Fast Start up enabled in Power Options. Hibernate is disabled by default. Allow Hybrid Sleep is enabled by default.
    Im not interested in Hibernate at all or Hybrid sleep to be honest. I know that both of these options will mean that there is excessive writing to the SSD and Im concerned about wear and tear on the drive. I think Hybrid Sleep has to be enabled or Windows Fast Startup would have to be disabled meaning I wouldn't be able to use it. I would like to keep Windows Fast Startup enabled.
    Am I correct in thinking that if I go into power options and change the default sleep setting from 30 minutes to Never that it will mean Hybrid sleep will never be used so it wont be writing anything to the SSD?
    I fully shut down my PC and unplug it every evening. Im aware that Windows Fast Startup will still do some writing to the drive on Windows Shutdown so will the fact that Hybrid Sleep is enabled mean that there will still be excessive writing to the SSD anyway due to the fact that Windows Fast Startup is enabled? I have no idea how much writing to the SSD windows fast startup has to do..is it going to be about the same as Hybrid Sleep would do anyway?

:)

sportsfan148, Apr 21, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 21, 2019
  4. HairyFool Win User

SSD and Windows FastStartup

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

SSD and Windows FastStartup

1. SSD and Windows FastStartup - Similar Threads - SSD FastStartup

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  4. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue

Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue: it may seem like a weird question to ask here but samsung support failed unless i have a receipt. but yeah the problem i am trying to address is that somehow the t7 just stopped working, it turns on and gets detected, shows up on device manager, and disk management but its...
  6. Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue: it may seem like a weird question to ask here but samsung support failed unless i have a receipt. but yeah the problem i am trying to address is that somehow the t7 just stopped working, it turns on and gets detected, shows up on device manager, and disk management but its...
  7. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  8. Bit locker on SSD Drive

Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  9. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  10. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does fast startup affect ssd

2. fast startup on a ssd