Windows 10: SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update

Discus and support SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yes my ssd boot sector is no longer recognized after Oct 10 2018 failed update. Windows 10 Pro. Samsung 680 evo 500GB will no longer boot. I can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yarblar, Oct 15, 2018.

1. yarblar Win User

SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update

Yes my ssd boot sector is no longer recognized after Oct 10 2018 failed update. Windows 10 Pro. Samsung 680 evo 500GB will no longer boot. I can use the drive as a storage drive still works like that. It is formatted in dynamic mode sectors and no provisioning

(Ack) this might have saved me. I still have the original 100GB boot ssd and may be able to mirror the boot sector to restore it to bootable drive. Have to look at doing this still. Yes it's recognized in bios. No I don't have the iOS on disk was downloaded. Dana I use a USB or internet to restore the boot sector? Or any other suggestions would help.

:)

yarblar, Oct 15, 2018

2. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Updates corrupts SSD drives.

I have two desktops running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1) with 3 Hard drives. On both computers, the C drive has windows 10 installed on it, the D drive has all the other programs installed on it, and the E drive has all the date files on it.
    The last three automatic updates have corrupted one or more of the drives. The latest automatic update corrupted the D drive on the main computer and the C drive on the office computer. The E drives are Western Digital 1TB Black hard drives and have never
    gotten corrupted during automatic updates.

On the main computer:

The BIOS, Windows 10, and Acronis Disk Director sees the D drive. The BIOS sees the drive and data. Windows 10 lists the drive but cannot access the drive and list 0 bytes used, chkdsk and defrag cannot run. Disk Director lists the drive as healthy but
    says to run chkdsk.

On the office computer:

The BIOS sees the drive and data. However, on boot says no bootable device found.

After the second automatic update corrupted the drives, I replaced all the existing 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD drives with brand new 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD drives thinking the drives were going bad. All the drives had the latest firmware installed. Apparently,
    its not a drive problem.

I read in another forum that the corruptions are caused by bad memory. Based on that post I tested the memory on the main computer with no errors. Apparently, the memory on the main computer is not the issue.

Both computers work flawlessly until an automatic update is installed and the computer restarted. This is extremely frustrating because I have to reinstall everything. With my work hours (12hrs a day, 5 days a week) it doesn't leave much time to deal with
    this issue. The last two times, I didn't get everything updated, setup, and backed up before it happened again. Does anyone have an idea on what maybe causing this issue to happen and how to fix it?

PMASWroblewski, Oct 15, 2018
  4. SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update

Boot problem with windows 10 and 3 drives - regular and 2 ssd

My problem is really strange. I have a 1Tb drive and I added 1SSD and installed windows. Then later I decided to add a second SSD which was bigger and I reinstall windows on that one. I know, not very
    typical.

Now, when booting the bios sees either (1) the old drive with the first SSD or (2) only the second SSD though when booted windows sees all the drives.

The problem is that when restart is chosen (updates or for software installs) it failed and I get the repair screen. I believe it is because the wrong bios files is used (1) instead of (2).

If I turn off the computer then and start it again then I get 2 options -

• Windows 10 (it starts OK) or
    • windows manager (where is fails).
    Any solutions for that?

Is it possible to update the MBr or the UEFI so it sees the correct drives or even ALL the drives and start with the correct drive and boots properly without having to turn off the computer.

Note: if in windows updates, the updates resumes even if the computer was turned off.

EdgeDudette, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update

1. SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update - Similar Threads - SSD boot drive

2. Win11 Failed startup after Oct 2023 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Failed startup after Oct 2023 update: Windows did a system update yesterday. On startup the Boot Manager says Wins failed to start due to a hardware or software change and to insert the Win install disc. I don’t have one. How can I fix it?Error message:File: WINDOWS\system32\winload.EliStatus: oxc0000221Info:the...
  3. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive: I recently purchased an SSD drive, and cloned by boot drive to it using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. The cloning process completed, and I booted from the SSD drive. But the clone is corrupt. I can log in to Windows, but immediately after that I get a long...
  4. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive: I recently purchased an SSD drive, and cloned by boot drive to it using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. The cloning process completed, and I booted from the SSD drive. But the clone is corrupt. I can log in to Windows, but immediately after that I get a long...
  5. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.: My HP Mini Pavilion Desktop does not complete start up sequence after Oct 2022 Windows 10 update. Key board stuck at Bios intro page after pressing F10 or F12,. Cannot make a choice on the Bios dialogue even the esc key does not function. I have tried the 3 times on off...
  7. Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.

Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.: My HP Mini Pavilion Desktop does not complete start up sequence after Oct 2022 Windows 10 update. Key board stuck at Bios intro page after pressing F10 or F12,. Cannot make a choice on the Bios dialogue even the esc key does not function. I have tried the 3 times on off...
  8. Failed Windows 10 boot up after Oct 2022 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. SSD corrupted after Update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD corrupted after Update.: After the recent update my pc won't boot. Tried another driver everything else works fine. Is there any way I can troubleshoot or repair the ssd submitted by /u/alfisher_h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kz5vht/ssd_corrupted_after_update/
  10. Oct Update Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Oct Update Corrupted Files: Hello, since the October Update happened, I've had numerous problems, like my pin getting reset and my wifi not fuctioning. I had it for over a week, but I did an sfc scan it it revealed that I have corrupted files. I also cannot restore the laptop and the wifi tab in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SSD drives fail after windows update

2. when does my second drive start using data on my dell 3671 decktop