Windows 10: SSD boot glitching?

Discus and support SSD boot glitching? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, one day browsing was on steam browsing around the store when I see a game I should get. So, I got it. I played for a few hours then boom Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gucciman69420, Jan 20, 2022.

1. SSD boot glitching?

So, one day browsing was on steam browsing around the store when I see a game I should get. So, I got it. I played for a few hours then boom Windows blue screen you know the one the REALLY annoying one with the frown face :. I keep waiting for a few minutes and it stays on 0% at this point i thought something was really messed up so like anyone would I waited then my pc reset i was relived until I saw a black error screen with very little text that said Boot device not found So turned off my pc and went into BIOS. I went to boot sequence and my SSD was on top so i moved Windows Boot Loader

:)

Gucciman69420, Jan 20, 2022

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Cloned SSD Won't boot

Ok I will do this now. What are the next steps after that to make it my main drive and move everything to it?

lhunter664, Jan 20, 2022
  4. HairyFool Win User

SSD boot glitching?

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

SSD boot glitching?

1. SSD boot glitching? - Similar Threads - SSD boot glitching

2. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  3. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  4. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ssd not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not booting: I got SATA SSD to replace an hard drive on my PC, I tried loading window Os on it but I did not work on the PC, then I put the ssd on another PC which work very fine, so I put it back on the PC, still not working after much troubleshooting. I can't still get the...
  6. Ssd not booting

Ssd not booting: I got SATA SSD to replace an hard drive on my PC, I tried loading window Os on it but I did not work on the PC, then I put the ssd on another PC which work very fine, so I put it back on the PC, still not working after much troubleshooting. I can't still get the...
  7. SSD boot glitching?

SSD boot glitching?: So, one day browsing was on steam browsing around the store when I see a game I should get. So, I got it. I played for a few hours then boom Windows blue screen you know the one the REALLY annoying one with the frown face :. I keep waiting for a few minutes and it stays on 0%...
  8. SSD boot glitching?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD boot glitching?: So, one day browsing was on steam browsing around the store when I see a game I should get. So, I got it. I played for a few hours then boom Windows blue screen you know the one the REALLY annoying one with the frown face :. I keep waiting for a few minutes and it stays on 0%...
  9. Windows Restarting/Boot Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Restarting/Boot Glitch: So i started getting this problem recently. When i start my pc from first boot windows for a split second will look like it tears then it will log me in. or it will randomly shut off when I play a game. I've have done two fresh installs and I still see the windows tear on...
  10. Infinite Boot Glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite Boot Glitch: I have owned my computer for a relatively short amount of time (3-4 years) and recently decided to get Windows 10. I started to get many bugs including my hot bar not working. Instead of trying to solver that problem, I decided to just reset my computer since it was getting...