Windows 10: SSD Cdrive failure

Discus and support SSD Cdrive failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My solid state C drive failed somehow, when I was installing a new video card. How do I create a new disk image from my old C drive, for my new C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KellyMoll, Nov 30, 2019.

1. KellyMoll Win User

SSD Cdrive failure

My solid state C drive failed somehow, when I was installing a new video card. How do I create a new disk image from my old C drive, for my new C drive?

:)

KellyMoll, Nov 30, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User

SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Dec 5, 2019
  3. labeeman Win User
    SSD Failure

Your SSD failed could be any number of things first I would re seat all cables on the drive. Second substitute another drive in the system and see if it shows up in BIOS or try the original drive in a another machine and see if the system can see the drive. The sata controller could also be bad on the mother board in that case no drive will work.

labeeman, Dec 5, 2019
  4. SSD Cdrive failure

24-SSD Raid Setup

I'm not suggesting that those SSDs are unreliable, I'm just saying that you would have 24x the

chance of some sort of OS failure.

Brilford Wimley, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

SSD Cdrive failure

1. SSD Cdrive failure - Similar Threads - SSD Cdrive failure

2. Ssd failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd failure: How to fix ssd failure with only 1 ssd trying to keep my windows on this ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-failure/8b785cb8-3e15-469b-a324-919f9abaf558
  3. Ssd failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ssd failure: How to fix ssd failure with only 1 ssd trying to keep my windows on this ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-failure/8b785cb8-3e15-469b-a324-919f9abaf558
  4. Ssd failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deleted Documents on cdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Documents on cdrive: I was attempting to stop using Onedrive and somehow deleted my documents folders on my c drive. I ended up re-installing Onedrive and restoring my documents from an external hard drive to my Onedrive documents folders. All recycle bins had been deleted. Everything is usable...
  6. Deleted Documents on cdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Documents on cdrive: I was attempting to stop using Onedrive and somehow deleted my documents folders on my c drive. I ended up re-installing Onedrive and restoring my documents from an external hard drive to my Onedrive documents folders. All recycle bins had been deleted. Everything is usable...
  7. Deleted Documents on cdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. HP SSD failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP SSD failure: I just saw this article and thought it was worth throwing out here. Seems like it might be important, but I don’t know how much these particular devices used by this community. Apologies if this is old, or irrelevant, news. An enterprise SSD flaw will brick hardware after...
  9. SSD failure message

SSD failure message: Greetings and salutations. Well, while I was moving a sub-directory into another sub-directory, by using FastStone image viewer, there was this error message, remembering one part of this little window/message that scared me like a poisonous spider: "SSD failure". What...
  10. SSD Failure

SSD Failure: Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure. Perhaps I shouldn't be too...