Windows 10: SSD Clone to SSD

Discus and support SSD Clone to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I am cloning several computers for work with the exact same hardware. I have a working computer with a SSD and HDD. When I clone the SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KennethG, Jun 22, 2016.

1. KennethG Win User

SSD Clone to SSD

Hey,
    I am cloning several computers for work with the exact same hardware. I have a working computer with a SSD and HDD. When I clone the SSD and start up the same computer with the SSD switched windows will not load and it gives me the standard missing required files to load windows error message. Any ideas? I have made sure to adjust my computer BIOS back to booting up from the SSD after the switch.

:)

KennethG, Jun 22, 2016
  2. qinada Win User

Clone a 1 Tb drive to a 512 Mb SSC

Hi Vaughn,

You can
    clone larger HDD to small SSD
    with a professional disk cloning software as long as the used space is smaller than the SSD. You will not worry it will clone the unused space unless you use sector by sector clone mode.

I suggest you to clone your HDD to SSD with AOMEI Backupper, if the used space is larger than the SSD, you can clone only the OS to SSD and keep the HDD as data storage. This software is very easy to operate.

qinada, Jun 22, 2016
  3. How can I initialise an SSD?

The SSD's manufacturer should have a cloning app on their web page. Hook up the SSD as an external drive, clone the existing drive to the SSD, then swap the drives.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Jun 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

SSD Clone to SSD

1. Are you cloning all the partitions on the SSD or just the Windows partition? You need to clone all the partitions.
    2. I would save an image of the master SSD to the HDD. Then just restore the image to each new SSD instead of cloning.

Macrium Reflect Free will do both options above.
    Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Jun 22, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Jun 23, 2016
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Why clone when imaging is so much faster ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jun 23, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    When I upgraded I received advice from Eight Forums to use Macrium Reflect using the option ‘Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows’. Backup/restore is preferred rather than cloning since cloning might duplicate the disk signature creating 2 disks with the same signatures. I did this and restored the image to the SSD which booted first time. It's also good practice to ensure only your system disc (new SSD) is connected the first time you boot.

See my guide at http://www.eightforums.com/installat...s-hdd-ssd.html You may need to adapt this depending on your PC configuration.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SSD Clone to SSD

1. SSD Clone to SSD - Similar Threads - SSD Clone SSD

2. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  3. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  4. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  5. SSD to SSD clone, cloned SSD has poor performance

SSD to SSD clone, cloned SSD has poor performance: Hi all, Cloned the OEM drive in an HP Elitebook 850 G5 yesterday, to a Kingston A2000. I used Clonezilla, everything went off without a hitch. The reason for this was because I needed more space; 250GB to 500. Throw the new drive in, boot up, and the thing is quite slow....
  6. Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD

Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD: I'm upgrading my old 120gb SSD to a new one that's 250gb, and while I'm no stranger to cloning a disk, I've never cloned a disk to a larger disk size. I'm using the program Macrium Reflect, just for reference. If I make an image of my current 120gb SSD and apply it to the...
  7. Clone SSD to bigger SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone SSD to bigger SSD: Been trying to get my new 480 gig Sandisk to take a direct clone from my old Sandisk 128 gig SSD and all the programs I've tried keep assigning separate drive letters to each partition and then the bigger SSD wont even boot right. It boots to a blank 10 blue screen with two...
  8. Clone ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone ssd: Hi all if I want to install a 500gb ssd can I clone my 120 ssd to it. Its not my c drive its the g drive I just need more room for games I will be giving the old ssd to my son to make a boot drive 67592
  9. SSD cloned ..?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD cloned ..?: Hi All I just cloned the new SSD from 128GB to 256GB And the main partition is not quite exactly the same I don't have the star screw driver to replace it yet .. so I don't know if it works or not Any advice Thanks [img] 21028
  10. Cloning to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning to SSD: First question here on 10 forum but used 7 forum lots. Anyway I am trying to clone the HDD? reduced partion to 450GB so as to be less than theSSD on my laptop. Trying to clone to a Samsung EVO 850 500GB. I have used the Samsung migration software and a version of EaseUS both...