Windows 10: SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?

Discus and support SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I was hoping to purchase a Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 1TB SSD for my Laptop alongside the current HDD however, I was just wanting to confirm whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ccman12345678, Nov 20, 2018.

1. SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?

Hi

I was hoping to purchase a Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 1TB SSD for my Laptop alongside the current HDD however, I was just wanting to confirm whether the SSD is in fact compatible. I am 99% sure that it is I just want to make sure prior to buying it.

Images of the M.2 slot on my laptop (I think) - Laptop - Album on Imgur
    Laptop Model: Acer Aspire E5-575G-50MF
    The SSD looks like this - https://image-us.samsung.com/SamsungUS/home/computing/memory-and-storage/solid-state-drives/pdp/100318/gallery/MZ-N6E1T0BW_001_Front_Blackv2.jpg?$product-details-jpg$

:)

ccman12345678, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

wed can reformatting ssd

Hello Allen,

It seems that you're SSD is in a read-only state. Read-only is the same as write-protected.

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you follow the steps provided by Angela Pun which helped a lot of community members in this
    thread.
    Make sure to select the SSD drive.

If the issue still persists, please follow these steps on how to format a write-protected SSD using Command Prompt.

1. Press the Windows key + R. A run dialog box will open.
    2. Type CMD then press Enter.
    3. Type diskpart
    4. Type list volume
    5. Type select volume # ( # is the number of USB HDD you've plugged in)
    6. Type attributes disk clear
      read-only
    7. Type clean

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    slow ssd

Hi,

Slow SSD performance can be caused by several factors like Hybernation mode and Superfetch service.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try disabling Hibernate mode since it is unnecessary for the SSD system as it takes too much time to boot from it.

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials once prompted.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and paste this command:

powercfg -h off
    • Press Enter.

Note: Once Hibernate is already disabled, you can also free up some space to improve its performance.

We also recommenddisabing Superfetch as one way to optimize the SSD performance:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run
      dialog box.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down and right-click on Superfetch.
    • Select Stop.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

*If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.*

Arjay Dom, Nov 20, 2018
  4. HairyFool Win User

SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?

1. SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD? - Similar Threads - SSD Compatibility type

2. is my laptop ssd compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my laptop ssd compatible: i have a dell inspiron 14 3493 i5 10th gen 4gb ram laptop, it came with 1tb hdd but now i want to upgrade it to 512 gb ssd,i dont know wether i have a ssd slot<sata or nvme2> can somebody pls help...
  3. is my laptop ssd compatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is my laptop ssd compatible: i have a dell inspiron 14 3493 i5 10th gen 4gb ram laptop, it came with 1tb hdd but now i want to upgrade it to 512 gb ssd,i dont know wether i have a ssd slot<sata or nvme2> can somebody pls help...
  4. is my laptop ssd compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?: Hey community!I recently bought an Intel NUC and it came with a SATA SSD, RAM-modules and sticker with what seems to be a Windows 10 license. I installed instead my formatted M.2 SSD and my old RAM-modules and did a fresh install of W10. When it came the activation moment I...
  6. SSD compatibility

SSD compatibility: Hi I have an HP laptop with the following specifications:https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-15-g000-notebook-pc-series/6545564/model/7101305/document/c04315017Can someone please tell me if this is eligible for an SSD upgrade? If so, can you also please tell me the SSDs...
  7. how can i use the rest of my ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i use the rest of my ssd?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Big_Potat0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j49q6n/how_can_i_use_the_rest_of_my_ssd/
  8. Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop?

Is this SSD compatible with my Laptop?: I have an HP Pavilion 17-g153us Notebook and I'm trying to fit a Samsung SSD 860. The second link below compares two SSD's from Best Buy. Are they compatible with my laptop, and if they are, which one is better in quality? Link: The Laptop Link: The SSD's...
  9. SSD key type?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD key type?: This is the Intel 660p NVME drive, I have it installed and it works perfectly. I was under the impression that if the key is on the left of the drive when viewed from the front it is M-keyed, this matches the key on the M.2 socket on my motherboard, however HWInfo64 reports...
  10. SSD wrong Type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD wrong Type: How can I change an SSD Type Dynamic to Type Basic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-wrong-type/b38a9db3-b836-45fa-87dd-3e7f36869dee