Windows 10: SSD Corupted error

Discus and support SSD Corupted error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason when I booted up my pc today I got a notification that my drive had an error I double check that the notification was indeed true and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lilcreeper_69, Jan 22, 2021.

1. SSD Corupted error

For some reason when I booted up my pc today I got a notification that my drive had an error I double check that the notification was indeed true and restart my pc it "fixes itself". Once in windows I check for errors and it says there are errors so I repeat the proses of "fixing the drive" but it doesn't work. I don't want to format or reset anything, so do you guys have a fix for my issue and could you also let me know what might be causing this. Thanks guys

SPECS:

Intel Core i3 4010U @ 1.7Ghz

8gb DDR3 Memory

Intel HD graphics

128gb SSD

Windows 10 20H2

submitted by /u/Lilcreeper_69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lilcreeper_69, Jan 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 showing "damaged or corupted" large file archives

I'm having a issue regarding large files archive .rar, all of them say "damaged or corupted" when i try to extract, the archives are ok, i tested them on another PC. The storage device is new, it's a M.2 SSD, no issues regarding copy/read files.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 7 / Files, folders, & storage

PikonePikone, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD Corupted error :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD Corupted error

Disappearing SSD & failing Windows Updates

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

Method 1: Updating Storage drivers

It could be an issue with the drivers that is why the SSD is not getting detected after a restart. We can try updating the drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to update the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X, to open Context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Disk drives.
    4. Right click on the driver and select Update driver.
    5. If prompted for restart, please restart the PC.

You can also go ahead and check for Storage drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website. If there are storage drivers available, please download and install them.

Method 2: Updating firmware for the SSD

This issue could occur if the latest firmware for the SSD is not installed. You can download latest firmware from the SSD manufacturer website and install it.

For update issue, I would suggest you to please refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix Windows Update errors
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Note: The above article has the steps to perform a clean install of Windows.
    You may take a backup of the data before performing a clean installation.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

SSD Corupted error

1. SSD Corupted error - Similar Threads - SSD Corupted error

2. Windows 11 reset problem corupted files probably

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 reset problem corupted files probably: Can anyone help me im using windows 11 on a laptop and some of my apps stop running so i attemp to reset my laptop i can't because the re image is not there some cmd wirh reagentc and end up installing a fresh copy of windows 11 but i dont know how the win. File is there in...
  3. SSD Corupted error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD Corupted error: For some reason when I booted up my pc today I got a notification that my drive had an error I double check that the notification was indeed true and restart my pc it "fixes itself". Once in windows I check for errors and it says there are errors so I repeat the proses of...
  4. recycle bin on E:\ is corupted

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin on E:\ is corupted: i get this message pop on startup sometimes with the option to empty it, if i click yes it just hangs and i need to restart, ive looked on my E drive and cant find a recycle bin 170188
  5. nuvision tablet OS build is corupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    nuvision tablet OS build is corupted: hi i have a nuvision tablet model no TM800w560L had a problem i cannot connect to internet no access to my computerand file explorer plus sound is not working also the tablet is bought from online store they said the reset it but the seller told me that he reset the...
  6. USB DRIVE CORUPTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB DRIVE CORUPTED: How can I repair a corupted usb drive? I can only read one file at a time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-corupted/0341da90-3594-4164-a3b0-85c75e7f2c25
  7. SSD errors (SSD repair)

SSD errors (SSD repair): Good morning, I have called on the Microsoft community to ask you for an opinion on an SSD if it has errors and how can I fix them. I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A good day!!!...
  8. Stop Cod: Kernal Heap coruption.

Stop Cod: Kernal Heap coruption.: Why is it that since latest Windows 10 update my computer continually crashes???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-cod-kernal-heap-coruption/d3f6c85f-6ecd-4281-ae7d-03b78babfc03
  9. have a corupt recycle bin

have a corupt recycle bin: I Have a corrupt recycle bin and nothing fixes it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-corupt-recycle/c62e5a46-b08c-4593-a305-cd8f5879683f
  10. A locked hacker file corupts OS's and external media..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A locked hacker file corupts OS's and external media..: I'm running Windows-10 in a desktop, and a notebook with UbuntuStudio 16, and ScientificLinux-6.5 in another antique notebook.. A hackhead bully demon-spirit hit my computer with a bug, which establishes a little locked-file in my flash-drives and external hard-drives.....