Windows 10: SSD crashes after 1903 update

Discus and support SSD crashes after 1903 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating W10 to 1903 I started getting BSOD. First with error: Critical_process_died and then after Unexpected_store_exception. When the BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Qoh123, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Qoh123 Win User

SSD crashes after 1903 update

After updating W10 to 1903 I started getting BSOD. First with error: Critical_process_died and then after Unexpected_store_exception.

When the BSOD happens (everything freezes, and the sound hangs if I'm listening to something), the system restarts, and sometimes, Windows boot loader doesn't get recognized.

I scanned my SSD with Samsung Magician and CrystalDiskInfo and both said my SSD was GOOD health. Also scanned with MemTest86 which also came out clean.

I tried wiping my SSD and clean installing W10 (2 times) again, but to no avail. Current version is KB4522355.

Also updated every driver I could with manufacturer designated updating software.

It's a laptop, Lenovo Legion Y520 with 120Gb SSD and 1Tb HDD.

Does this W10 version have any known SSD issues or is my SSD failing?

:)

Qoh123, Nov 2, 2019
  2. varxtis Win User

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Nov 2, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. SSD crashes after 1903 update - Similar Threads - SSD crashes 1903

2. Settings crashing after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings crashing after update to 1903: Hi. I recently updated my WIndows 10 from 1809 to 1903 via windows update. Ever since, I can't access 'about' in system settings, the app crashes. I've also tried the old Win+X -> Y way but it does not work. Please assist. The computer is operating normally. HP 14-cm0075au,...
  3. explorer.exe on crash loop after 1903 update - Windows.CloudStore.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe on crash loop after 1903 update - Windows.CloudStore.dll: Hi! After updating to 1903 I have this issue after login. Star menu is hiding every 2-3 seconds in infinite loop. I've managed to open Task Manager - the problem is with explorer.exe process (it keeps crashing and starting new instance). Info from Event viewer: Nazwa...
  4. After 1903 Install: Crash in hal.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 1903 Install: Crash in hal.dll: Hello All, I recently upgraded my system to 1903. Unfortunately, I did this before I went on a vacation and I am past the apparently 10-day arbitrary window in which I can restore. I am now getting random crashes which I have attempted to diagnose using WhoCrashed: On...
  5. PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!: I'm trying to install the 1903 update on my PC and it completely crashes and blue screens before it does. It will get to 80% and freeze, then crash. I have to go into services and manually delay updates because it will keep doing this in a loop. How in earth do I fix this and...
  6. Constant BSODs and Crashes after updating to Windows 10, 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs and Crashes after updating to Windows 10, 1903: About a week or so ago I installed the Windows 1903 update, and I remember there being an initial BSOD during the install process, though it still finished without other incident. I had thought this was a temporary issue but my computer has been virtually unusable since the...
  7. System settings crash after update to version 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    System settings crash after update to version 1903: Attempting to open the systems settings on Windows 10 Pro causes them to crash immediately. I can't change things like monitor settings or night light. Going through...
  8. Apps crashing after 1903 update, Can I uninstall 1903 update?

Apps crashing after 1903 update, Can I uninstall 1903 update?: I just noticed that when I update my windows to the latest version. (1903). *Im using windows 10 pro* Some of my apps is crashing, sometimes its *not responding* - Bittorrent - Burp suite (other software that requires java(jre)) - Sometimes the windows settings can't...
  9. Will not Activate after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will not Activate after 1903 update: I updated to 1903 a couple of days ago and afterward my activation was revoked. I was unable to find my old serial number so I purchased the Win 10 Pro from the Windows website and it seemed to activate with that CD Key until the next day it again was saying that my software...
  10. SSD not detected after crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not detected after crash: Hello Just recently I had this weird issue. My PC crashed (with BSOD) and brought me to the BIOS for some reason. I saw then that my SSD dissapeared from the boot menu. I shutdown my computer and restarted it and was able to boot back in, but a blipping white dash appeared...