Windows 10: SSD damaged after Windows 10 update

Discus and support SSD damaged after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About three days ago, as usual after a few days when I finished my day job, I got into the habit of updating Windows 10 on my Surface Book 3, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VietHuynh3, Jul 24, 2020.

1. SSD damaged after Windows 10 update

About three days ago, as usual after a few days when I finished my day job, I got into the habit of updating Windows 10 on my Surface Book 3, which I bought it about two months ago as soon as Microsoft launched it on the market. After updating Windows, my Surface crashes at startup. I waited about 3 minutes and didn't see the Windows screen as normal the dark screen only saw the cursor of the mouse, so I turned off the Surface by pressing the power button and holding it for a few seconds to turn it off completely.

I then turned on my Surface and entered the password to enter Windows, when I discovered my Samsung T7 SSD it connetced to the Surface thru USB-C port was broken. Windows saw drive E: but understood that it was not formatted. I ran Disk Management program of Windows 10 and found that this SSD was still assigned as drive E: Healthy Primary Partition with 1863.01 GB RAW.

Please note, my Samsung T7 SSD just purchased more than 2 months ago.

I tried uninstalling the recently Windows updated versions, restoring Windows to a good time at about month before, and even fully updating the existing Windows updates, all cases said my SSD was not formatted.

Currently, after a full update of Windows updates, the Surface sometimes fails to start Windows and then it hangs with a dark screen and only the mouse cursor on the screen. It seems that the SSD that Microsoft pre-installed it on my Surface Book 3 has also been damaged.

Perhaps Windows updates damaged the BIOS of my Samsung T7 SSD?

Please help me how to retrieve or recover data in my Samsung T7 SSD. It's very important to me.

Thank you very much!

Viet Huynh

:)

VietHuynh3, Jul 24, 2020

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 27, 2020
  3. SSD damaged after Windows 10 update

About three days ago, as usual after a few days when I finished my day job, I got into the habit of updating Windows 10 on my Surface Book 3, which I bought it about two months ago as soon as Microsoft launched it on the market. After updating Windows, my
    Surface crashes at startup. I waited about 3 minutes and didn't see the Windows screen as normal (the dark screen only saw the cursor of the mouse), so I turned off the Surface by pressing the power button and holding it for a few seconds to turn it off completely.

I then turned on my Surface and entered the password to enter Windows, when I discovered my Samsung T7 SSD (it connetced to the Surface thru USB-C port) was broken. Windows saw drive E: but understood that it was not formatted. I ran Disk Management program
    of Windows 10 and found that this SSD was still assigned as drive E: Healthy (Primary Partition) with 1863.01 GB RAW.

Please note, my Samsung T7 SSD just purchased more than 2 months ago.

I tried uninstalling the recently Windows updated versions, restoring Windows to a good time at about month before, and even fully updating the existing Windows updates, all cases said my SSD was not formatted.

Currently, after a full update of Windows updates, the Surface sometimes fails to start Windows and then it hangs with a dark screen and only the mouse cursor on the screen. It seems that the SSD that Microsoft pre-installed it on my Surface Book 3 has also
    been damaged.

Perhaps Windows updates damaged the BIOS of my Samsung T7 SSD?

Please help me how to retrieve or recover data in my Samsung T7 SSD. It's very important to me.

Allow me to get the latest updates: Currently I cannot access the folders in the C: drive of the Surface, for example: "Downloads", ... because when click on Downloads folder in File Explorer in Windows then Windows will hang all the time until pressing
    down the power button!

Thank you very much!

Viet Huynh

VietHuynh3, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

SSD damaged after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

SSD damaged after Windows 10 update

1. SSD damaged after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - SSD damaged update

2. SSD Blocks damaged after System Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Blocks damaged after System Update: Hi,My PC became too lazy, and I found in event viewer: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.chkdsk /r /f didn't find or fix any error, dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth deleted all system restore point.The damaged blocks appear in HD Tune Pro error...
  3. SSD Blocks damaged after System Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Blocks damaged after System Update: Hi,My PC became too lazy, and I found in event viewer: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.chkdsk /r /f didn't find or fix any error, dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth deleted all system restore point.The damaged blocks appear in HD Tune Pro error...
  4. Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD: Since the 2400 update came out I can't access my external hard drive it is a WD . I keep getting this error in the device manager : " Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB set address request failed." What has to happen this...
  5. Windows 10 Update damages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update damages: Last week I attempted to carry out a factory reset on my Linx laptop. However, when it rebooted and was uploading Windows 10 updates it crashed and the result was a black blank screen. I was unable to power the laptop on or off and can only assume from the well documented...
  6. Reinstalling windows on ssd with damaged windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reinstalling windows on ssd with damaged windows: I can't boot from my ssd with windows and my personal files. I have an usb installer. Could I reinstall windows on the ssd without losing my files, the drive only has 15gb of free space. Is there a way to delete the old windows and replace it with the fresh version. Without...
  7. Ssd damaged box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ssd damaged box: I just received in the mail from Best buy a ssd damaged box. Should I exchange it? [img] [img] 152928
  8. Ssd damaged box

in Windows 10 Support
    Ssd damaged box: I just received in the mail from Best buy a ssd damaged box. Should I exchange it? [img] [img] 152928
  9. Windows 10 damaged / damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 damaged / damaged: Sometimes I have received (or what it seems) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to prevent my files from being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a sharp beep that is really annoying. Is there anything I can run from...
  10. after the damaging updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after the damaging updates: last windows update my computer has gone haywire and wont load lots of things either on windows edge or chrome how do i uninstal the last updates...