Windows 10: Ssd damaged box

Discus and support Ssd damaged box in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just received in the mail from Best buy a ssd damaged box. Should I exchange it? [img] [img] 152928 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CapFlam128, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Ssd damaged box

I just received in the mail from Best buy a ssd damaged box. Should I exchange it?

Ssd damaged box [​IMG]

Ssd damaged box [​IMG]

:)

CapFlam128, Mar 29, 2020

2. Ssd damaged box

I just received in the mail from Best buy a ssd damaged box. Should I exchange it?

Ssd damaged box [​IMG]

Ssd damaged box [​IMG]

CapFlam128, Mar 29, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Ssd damaged box

I'd open it and check out the drive.

If it's not visibly crunched, the next step would be to see whether it works.

SSDs are significantly less fragile than HDDs. I doubt that one would be damaged by most mechanical shocks, unlike an HDD.

(I just acquired an HDD to replace an older one. The packaging was undamaged, but the drive was DOA. The replacement I received for it was OK.)

bobkn, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Ssd damaged box

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Ssd damaged box

1. Ssd damaged box - Similar Threads - Ssd damaged box

2. SSD Blocks damaged after System Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Blocks damaged after System Update: Hi,My PC became too lazy, and I found in event viewer: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.chkdsk /r /f didn't find or fix any error, dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth deleted all system restore point.The damaged blocks appear in HD Tune Pro error...
  3. SSD Blocks damaged after System Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Blocks damaged after System Update: Hi,My PC became too lazy, and I found in event viewer: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.chkdsk /r /f didn't find or fix any error, dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth deleted all system restore point.The damaged blocks appear in HD Tune Pro error...
  4. Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?: Hi. I have a new Crucial X8 4TB drive. It's used for storing large video files.It took some doing but once the USB 3.2 port drivers, matching cable and NTFS format were setup, it ran like a dream. Average write speed was 800MB/s and this did not let up. It would run flat out...
  5. Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?: Hi. I have a new Crucial X8 4TB drive. It's used for storing large video files.It took some doing but once the USB 3.2 port drivers, matching cable and NTFS format were setup, it ran like a dream. Average write speed was 800MB/s and this did not let up. It would run flat out...
  6. Accidently hot swapped internal SSD - damaged ?

Accidently hot swapped internal SSD - damaged ?: I have a hardly used 250GB Kingston SSD that I plan on using in a new build for a neighbor. I thought I'd erase the previous files, so I opened up a spare pc and connected up the power + data. I went to hit the power button and it was already lit up - I must have accidently...
  7. Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD

Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD: Since the 2400 update came out I can't access my external hard drive it is a WD . I keep getting this error in the device manager : " Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB set address request failed." What has to happen this...
  8. SSD damaged after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD damaged after Windows 10 update: About three days ago, as usual after a few days when I finished my day job, I got into the habit of updating Windows 10 on my Surface Book 3, which I bought it about two months ago as soon as Microsoft launched it on the market. After updating Windows, my Surface crashes at...
  9. Reinstalling windows on ssd with damaged windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reinstalling windows on ssd with damaged windows: I can't boot from my ssd with windows and my personal files. I have an usb installer. Could I reinstall windows on the ssd without losing my files, the drive only has 15gb of free space. Is there a way to delete the old windows and replace it with the fresh version. Without...
  10. Ssd damaged box

in Windows 10 Support
    Ssd damaged box: I just received in the mail from Best buy a ssd damaged box. Should I exchange it? [img] [img] 152928