Windows 10: SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage

Discus and support SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I finished a new build the other day and spent the next few days installing Windows 10 updates and various drivers. There is one thing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr2tired2care, Nov 28, 2019.

1. SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage

Hello,

I finished a new build the other day and spent the next few days installing Windows 10 updates and various drivers. There is one thing that caught my eye that I have not seen before in all of my years with building PCs and Windows OS behavior.

The PC that was built has only a single 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD as its primary and only storage, and it is detected as a removable storage item. Similar to how an external USB thumb drive would be detected.

I've attached an image below to help further explain what I am seeing.

Does somebody have an answer to have Windows 10 stop detecting this SSD as an external device?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage b8a9b438-bd0b-475a-94ef-bc9f56484b4c?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mr2tired2care, Nov 28, 2019

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 28, 2019
  3. "Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are trying to remove the Surface detach icon from the Taskbar on your Surface device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable it and check if it helps.

You will have to disable the Surface DTX. Follow:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
    • Check if the Surface DTX status is shown as Disabled.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • Go to Start
      SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage f7c7fdba-6df5-43d9-a333-f8148a96bfa5.png
      , and select
      Power > Restart to restart your Surface Book.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on accessing the Surface device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2019
  4. techguy31 Win User

SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage

1. SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage - Similar Threads - SSD Detected Removable

2. Unhealthy and Detached storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unhealthy and Detached storage space: Hi,I use Windows 11 Pro with a 3 way mirror storage space made of 5 physical disks =2 redundant drives out of 5.The storage pool is healthy HealthStatus : HealthyAll 5 physical disks are healthy HealthStatus : HealthyBut the storage space is not.OperationalStatus : Detached...
  3. Unhealthy and Detached storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unhealthy and Detached storage space: Hi,I use Windows 11 Pro with a 3 way mirror storage space made of 5 physical disks =2 redundant drives out of 5.The storage pool is healthy HealthStatus : HealthyAll 5 physical disks are healthy HealthStatus : HealthyBut the storage space is not.OperationalStatus : Detached...
  4. Windows Storage Space - detach vhd is not shown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Storage Space - detach vhd is not shown: I run a Windows Storage Space since 5 years without Problem. Storage Space contains two disks - RAID 1. Because I have a new Architecture I want to use the two disk as single disks.1. I did a complete backup.2. I deleted the Volume in Diskmanagement.3. I wanted detach the...
  5. Windows Storage Space - detach vhd is not shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Storage Space - detach vhd is not shown: I run a Windows Storage Space since 5 years without Problem. Storage Space contains two disks - RAID 1. Because I have a new Architecture I want to use the two disk as single disks.1. I did a complete backup.2. I deleted the Volume in Diskmanagement.3. I wanted detach the...
  6. Windows Storage Space - detach vhd is not shown

7. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device: Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool . All my drivers and BIOS are Updated. I found my Internal SSD Drive where the OS is installed is showing as removable storage...
  8. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device: Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool . All my drivers and BIOS are Updated. I found my Internal SSD Drive where the OS is installed is showing as removable storage...
  9. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can't remove ssd from storage pool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove ssd from storage pool: [ATTACH] As stated above I can't remove this from the pool but it also doesn't seem to add to it either. The SSD doesn't show up anywhere obvious in disk management and I want to have it as its own separate drive. Please help, I don't want a hdd and ssd in the same pool...