Windows 10: SSD- Device not migrated

Discus and support SSD- Device not migrated in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble with a new SSD I got for my Desktop. The main issue is that after I create the partition it only shows in the file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VictorNicolae, Nov 25, 2019.

1. SSD- Device not migrated

Hello, I'm having trouble with a new SSD I got for my Desktop. The main issue is that after I create the partition it only shows in the file explorer for something like 2 days after that it disappears and I have to recreate the partition.. and again after 2 days it just disappears and I can only find it in the Disk Management where it appears as unallocated. It happened 4 times.. I did quick format, long format, updated BIOS, reinstalled the SSD driver,ran windows troubleshooter .. the only thing I could find was in the Events from proprieties of the SSD that says Device not migrated due to abnormal error or incompatibility.

My pc specs:

B450 AUROS PRO motherboard

Ryzen 5 2600X CPU

2X8GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Black CL16 2600Mhz overclocked to 3000Mhz

Nvidia GTX 1660ti GPU

SSD M2 Kingston 500GB- for OS WIN 10 64 Education 1909 November update

SSD Kingston UV400 240GB- It used to be used for the OS but now I just use it for random storage

SSD Kingston A400 480GB -the one with problems

PSU Corsair VS650 650W

The PC has around 6-7 months since I made it.

:)

VictorNicolae, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Migrating from HDD to SSD

You're looking at just under 75GB of data to migrate from your HDD to SSD so...
    I'd suggest you use Todo Backup Free for migrations to SSDs. As "Word Man" mentioned, you get to choose if you want to move some or all of the partitions of a disk. I think you'll be ok to just migrate/clone the whole disk to the new SSD and then from it from the SSD to the other physical drive you mentioned having. If you have a Samsung SSD, use their Samsung Magician software to do the clone.

Simeon Naranjit, Nov 25, 2019
  4. RWongSG Win User

SSD- Device not migrated

SSD device not migrated due to partila or ambiguous match

Hi,

I just clone a SSD (512Gb) to replace the SSD(512Gb) on my HP laptop which failed short test but running OK.

Both brand of SSD are Micron.

Replace the on board SSD to the clone SSD and able to boot up and operate no problem.

Only issue is the HDD (SSD) light stay on when idle even there are no activities (check with Task Manager).

Checking thru the Device Manager, it show the SSD not migrated (see below screen capture).

What needed to fix this issue?

Thanks.

RWongSG, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

SSD- Device not migrated

1. SSD- Device not migrated - Similar Threads - SSD Device migrated

2. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating to SSD: Hi, I have an old notebook in which I want to add an m.2 SSD256gb and run a dual memoryHDD with 1TB. I searched online and I learnt that It should work. The problem is that I one to install only W10 and some programs on the SSD, while I want to keep the other things on the...
  3. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating to SSD: Hi, I have an old notebook in which I want to add an m.2 SSD256gb and run a dual memoryHDD with 1TB. I searched online and I learnt that It should work. The problem is that I one to install only W10 and some programs on the SSD, while I want to keep the other things on the...
  4. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  6. migrating windows to ssd

migrating windows to ssd: Hello! My system fulfills all the requirements for Windows 11 upgrade, but I am planning to migrate my windows 10 to a newly installed SSD, will it affect the windows upgrade?...
  7. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating to SSD: So, my computer came with a hard disk and I've recently bought an SSD. I downloaded Windows 10 onto a flash drive so I can use it as a boot drive, so what do I do to get my SSD set up properly and migrate the data from my hard drive over? I ask because of the prompts with...
  8. SSD Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

SSD Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match: Hi, Clone a HP laptop SSD (512Gb) with another SSD (512Gb) to replace the onboard SSD which was failing short test but running OK. Replace the lap top with clone SSD and it can boot and operate OK except when idle, the HDD light remain on. Checking with Device Manger, it...
  9. SSD device not migrated due to partila or ambiguous match

SSD device not migrated due to partila or ambiguous match: Hi, I just clone a SSD (512Gb) to replace the SSD(512Gb) on my HP laptop which failed short test but running OK. Both brand of SSD are Micron. Replace the on board SSD to the clone SSD and able to boot up and operate no problem. Only issue is the HDD (SSD) light stay on...
  10. Migration to an SSD

Migration to an SSD: I moved the Windows 10 installation of my mother's PC from a hard drive to a SSD using DriveImageXML drive2drive feature with Windows running. I copied the boot system partition and the Windows partition (C*Smile then booted with the new system partition. But even if I booted...