Windows 10: SSD Drama, help if you can!

Discus and support SSD Drama, help if you can! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello! Here's my story (drama) Recently i bought a new ssd and decided to fresh out the win10 installation! After that went smooth i had 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tulextreme, Feb 1, 2020.

1. SSD Drama, help if you can!

SSD Drama, help if you can! 7kZbfx-YG03hk_6sKT3xHM6AWhlCTWP31vt6Inc56Mc.jpg

Hello! Here's my story (drama)

Recently i bought a new ssd and decided to fresh out the win10 installation! After that went smooth i had 3 ssds on my machine! One for the OS and two (120gb). So i decided to make a pool of these drives using the storage settings in win10!

After that was done and some hours later windows start prompting me about a storage problem, indicating that one of my drives was non operational... checking the disk manager tool indeed one of these ssds was 'dead' (offline) any action = 'windows cannot connect to drive' or something bad in those lines!

Well i decided to take this ssd to a friend which made several formats and tests... story short he said the ssd was operational on his machine! But...

Having the ssd on machine again it appeared fine, even installed a big data game on it so i can test but here's where the problem begins... occasionally this ssd again goes dead... like after a hibernate session and specially on reboot. When this happen windows takes about 2min to boot (9sec normal state) and thats a giver that i know the ssd will be offline!

To fix this i have to turn off the computer and disconnect the sata cable from this SSd and reconnect it onto another sata connector on the mother board! Then it comes alive again on the boot!

Ive download several ssd tool tests Samsung magician etc. and have CrystalDiskInfo as well. Now the ssd is 'alive' and tests show its function correctly. I even can play the game installed on it fine but i know on the next reboot or hibernate it will go dead once more! So this is my drama. I'm trying to see if i can update its firmware but cant atm! So if you please have any idea on how to solve or sort this out i would be very thankful! I'm thinking on getting another ssd but this 'alive' 'dead' samba is driving me insane and curious about a possible fix!

Sorry for the wall of text and thank you if get this far!

https://preview.redd.it/zbxklq2tcee...bp&s=a21f6bf6392b0558e7318d7b2a557bca38c9d28b

submitted by /u/tulextreme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tulextreme, Feb 1, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool SSD Drama, help if you can! :cool:

jmcslob, Feb 1, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 1, 2020
  4. EarthDog Win User

SSD Drama, help if you can!

first gaming pc build

I'm not. I'm wondering why he is suggesting to save money for a cheaper and slightly slower processor when he has the money and a faster processor already listed....

No drama intended. WTF are you talking about?

7700k Boosts to 4.5, overclocks to 5ghz. He has the budget, I don't see why he needs to take a slight step back is all. *Smile SSD Drama, help if you can! :)

EarthDog, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

SSD Drama, help if you can!

1. SSD Drama, help if you can! - Similar Threads - SSD Drama help

2. Can you help with this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help with this: I bought a Bluetooth adapter and plugged it into my pc and then my wifi wasn’t working correctly as in none of my apps were connecting to internet except google chrome and the adapter made Bluetooth turn on but it couldn’t pair to ant controllers....
  3. Can you help with this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you help with this: I bought a Bluetooth adapter and plugged it into my pc and then my wifi wasn’t working correctly as in none of my apps were connecting to internet except google chrome and the adapter made Bluetooth turn on but it couldn’t pair to ant controllers....
  4. Can you help with this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help?: My Lenovo IdeaPad 1 laptop has been acting up lately.For some reason, this happened a month ago and still continues. Basically, my laptop keeps scrolling windows even when auto scroll is off, and when I search something in Windows search, it autofills my previous search and...
  6. Can you help?

Can you help?: My Lenovo IdeaPad 1 laptop has been acting up lately.For some reason, this happened a month ago and still continues. Basically, my laptop keeps scrolling windows even when auto scroll is off, and when I search something in Windows search, it autofills my previous search and...
  7. Can you help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you help?: Hello! The pc is overheating very fast and whenever that happens i get the blue screen of death, however when it doesn’t overheat I can’t download from Microsoft Store, saying: “Install failed”, I can’t play any spotify songs and i get alot of random lag spikes. It doesn’t...
  8. Can you help?

Can you help?: Hello! The pc is overheating very fast and whenever that happens i get the blue screen of death, however when it doesn’t overheat I can’t download from Microsoft Store, saying: “Install failed”, I can’t play any spotify songs and i get alot of random lag spikes. It doesn’t...
  9. 2004 installation drama

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2004 installation drama: One of our computers surprised me with the message I need to restart for finalizing installing 2004 so there was no way back. Anyway, after installation I started to get all kind of annoying difficulties like the well known Google login problem, and NVIDIA drivers + control...
  10. Onedrive drama

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive drama: Reinstalled windows 10 for a friend one their dell pc. Before i reinstalled windows, I removed all of their 160 gigs of photos and put them on an external drive. Once fresh install was complete, i transferred all 160 gigs of picture back to the new picture folder only to...