Windows 10: SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...

Discus and support SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,When I use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and check my storage Samsung SSD Evo 970 Plus, I see this screen below.I wonder if it is fine or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnT86, Nov 28, 2021.

1. JohnT86 Win User

SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...

Hello,When I use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and check my storage Samsung SSD Evo 970 Plus, I see this screen below.I wonder if it is fine or something goes wrong.C:Compressed: FALSED:Compressed: FALSEPLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS FALSE.Thank you a lot.

:)

JohnT86, Nov 28, 2021
  2. yqyq35 Win User

SSD compressed false

My nvme SSD shows compressed false in the intel driver and support assistant, will this cause any serious problem and why this happen?

SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good... b1d8e32b-6001-439b-87b1-eea5a1e4f652?upload=true.png

yqyq35, Nov 28, 2021
  3. False Boot Drive?

I have two disks listed as boot devices when my computer boots up, however I want to skip selecting the disk and boot directly to my SSD (Disk 1) instead. The other drive listed(Disk 3) just goes to a blank screen when selected.

In This PC the icon for Disk 3 is faded. There is no blue bar indicating drive space. It is listed as USB Drive (GSSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good... :)

In Disk Management, Disk 3 is listed as Removable with No media. There is no space available on the disk either.

From"CMD -> diskpart -> list disk" I get:
    Disk 0 Online 298GB
    Disk 1 Online 223GB
    Disk 2 Online 465GB
    Disk 3 No Media 0B

When disk 3 is selected and issued the command "Clean" I get the error "There is no media on the device"

What can I do to remove this false disk? There is nothing plugged into any USB ports that could be the problem. The problem has also persisted after multiple boots. It appears Windows is seeing a bootable flash drive that isn't real.

Deathspell55555, Nov 28, 2021
  4. SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...

compressing c: drive?

i've always wondered what would happen if i selected the compress disk option for my c: drive. i have never done it with anyother drives before, so i dont know what will happen. so does anyone know what would happen if i compressed my c: drive? would windows still work? this is probably a stupid question hahaha

frankie827, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...

1. SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good... - Similar Threads - SSD Drive Drive

2. False indication of Locked Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False indication of Locked Drive: What is the problem:When I open "This PC", double clicking on either C: or D: does nothing no error response nor feedback.There are no Event Viewer entries when I tried to double click the drives.If I right click and select "Open" or "Open in new window", both drives can be...
  3. False indication of Locked Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False indication of Locked Drive: What is the problem:When I open "This PC", double clicking on either C: or D: does nothing no error response nor feedback.There are no Event Viewer entries when I tried to double click the drives.If I right click and select "Open" or "Open in new window", both drives can be...
  4. SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...: Hello,When I use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and check my storage Samsung SSD Evo 970 Plus, I see this screen below.I wonder if it is fine or something goes wrong.C:Compressed: FALSED:Compressed: FALSEPLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS FALSE.Thank you a lot....
  5. SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FALSE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...: Hello,When I use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and check my storage Samsung SSD Evo 970 Plus, I see this screen below.I wonder if it is fine or something goes wrong.C:Compressed: FALSED:Compressed: FALSEPLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS FALSE.Thank you a lot....
  6. SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FLASE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...

SSD Drive C and Drive D compressed: FLASE. What does this "false" mean here, and is it good...: Hello,When I use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and check my storage Samsung SSD Evo 970 Plus, I see this screen below.I wonder if it is fine or something goes wrong.C:Compressed: FALSED:Compressed: FALSEPLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS FALSE.Thank you a lot....
  7. SSD compressed false

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD compressed false: My nvme SSD shows compressed false in the intel driver and support assistant, will this cause any serious problem and why this happen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-compressed-false/23806cd2-f32d-4cf2-a8a6-00460dc33fe0
  8. False Boot Drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    False Boot Drive?: I have two disks listed as boot devices when my computer boots up, however I want to skip selecting the disk and boot directly to my SSD (Disk 1) instead. The other drive listed(Disk 3) just goes to a blank screen when selected. In This PC the icon for Disk 3 is faded....
  9. What does: True /False mean when removing apps?

What does: True /False mean when removing apps?: This is what i usually see (screenshot) or i just get the True/False that keeps going down the page with no end in sight . Thanks 20953
  10. False properties for external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    False properties for external drive: Hi I have a 6TB Samsung D3 external drive formatted in NTFS which I use for backups I have a backup folder/subfolder then 2 further subfolders (89.9GB & 86.3GB) Win Explorer/properties reports the 2 higher level folders as 89.8GB (the size of the oldest of the 2...