Windows 10: SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin

Discus and support SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my games and origin installed on my 1TB HDD Drive D. However, whenever I play games, eg. Apex on Origin, My 256GB SSD Drive C with 17GB free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReoSama, Jun 10, 2021.

1. ReoSama Win User

SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin

I have my games and origin installed on my 1TB HDD Drive D. However, whenever I play games, eg. Apex on Origin, My 256GB SSD Drive C with 17GB free space keeps filling up and sometimes it goes up till it only have 200MB free space which eventually close the game in the middle of a match with a popup "Not enough Space on your computer". And whenever I finished my gaming session and closed the game and origin, it went down back to 17GB free space. Can someone tell me why this is happening and how to prevent it?And I have seen some people on reddit talking about the same issues with different gam

:)

ReoSama, Jun 10, 2021
  2. [Suejin] Win User

C drive space filling

Have you check if Windows is currently downloading an update?

You can try the suggested steps on this article:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/...

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

[Suejin], Jun 10, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jun 10, 2021
  4. SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin

SSD keeps filling up

Hey Carlos

So i just did reinstall my windows operating system, through windows it self. And before i did it, the problem wasn't there.

And by slowly filling up, i mean that over time the SSD (or c drive) is being filled up with files. But when i look in the c drive, nothing has changed. And yes i have done so i can see all the hidden folders. Its a 120gb SSD and the windows installation
    fills up around 30-40gbit, so the rest is free space. It is slowly filling up the ~80gb up over 4-5 hours. Then when i restart the pc is back to the ~80gb of free space and slowly fills up again.

MikkelFriis, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin

1. SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin - Similar Threads - SSD Drive keeps

2. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  3. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  4. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD C: drive filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD C: drive filling up for no reason: I restarted my computer and had 30 gigs free, I then turned it off and and turned it on the next day, and it only had 8 gigs left. What is going on? I have ran disk cleanup, cleared temp folder, everything is updated, and am currently running a full scan with malwarebytes....
  6. SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up

SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up: I'm running Windows 10 and my C drive will randomly fill up suddenly. It will go from having 30+ GB free to only 6-10. I'll use disk cleanup but find less than a GB available to delete. Yet a few days later it'll go back to having 30+ GB free again. I installed TreeSize and...
  7. C drive keeps filling up

C drive keeps filling up: Hi i need help fixing an issue on my c drive. It keeps filling up even when i delete stuff, i can literally my space filling up on storage settings. For now i have looked online to see how to fix it but i just cant find where everything is being stored. I have tried to...
  8. C drive keeps filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive keeps filling up for no reason: Hello there, my C Drive keeps filling up for no reason, free space on it is dangerously low and I don't know what to do. I've cleared all %temp% and temp files and it still is low on space. somebody please help me with this asap submitted by /u/killmonger2367 [link]...
  9. My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up: It seems after a bunch of messing around with install settings that things still want to download on my little 120gb SSD instead of the bigger HDD. It’s saying I have 1.72gb available at the moment but after installing something it will fill up completely but when I check to...
  10. Local C drive keep filling up!!!???

Local C drive keep filling up!!!???: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first post on the community page and I'm sure its been asked before, but I seem to keep running out of disk space on my c: drive and its driving me absolutely crazy having to try and clean it on a daily basis to only get a gb or 2 to...